A blessing in disguise....

itzme

O.G.
Nov 4, 2006
Let give you all a small background story on what happened:

Basically, I ordered the Oyster Clutch Wallet from the Jet Set Sale, but they shipped me the Oyster Mercer Clutch :confused1: (which I posted earlier about- I know there are many fans of this bag, but it just doesn't do anything for me). I was told they had one Oyster Clutch Wallet held for me, and all I had to do was to send back the Mercer Clutch. I sent it back and today I got an email saying the Oyster Clutch Wallet is no longer available. Boy, what a total BUMMER! :crybaby:

However, I got to the end of the email and was told that...

I can choose from Goldrush, Lead, Grey, Ruby, Tango Red, Ruby, and Saddle!! :yahoo:

Gosh, my eyes widened, nostrils flared, jaw dropped and of course, GASPED!

I filtered out some choices, and so now my dilemma is.. to choose between the two winning colors.

RUBY and TANGO RED

I saw and felt Ruby bags from the last HH sample sale, and totally fell in love with it. I've been waiting for the right opportunity to snatch up a Ruby at a steal. However, Tango Red is one of HH's newest colors, and it seems so similar to Ruby, except with more of a pinkish undertone?? The only con about the Ruby is the nylon logo lining, whereas the Tango Red has linen lining.

Any word on how Tango Red and Ruby are different? Any difference in texture of leather? Anyone with both who can take pictures for comparison? I'm crossing my fingers that whatever color I end up choosing is still going to be in stock and shipped in perfect condition!

Any advice is appreciated!

Wow, let's see...I have a Tango Clutch Wallet and while I'm not really certain about undertones etc., it is not pinkish at all. It's red, like old movie star lipstick red and it's divine. The open wallet pic is most true to life.

Attachments

• Hayden Harnett Clutch Wallet, Tango Red 2.JPG
    Hayden Harnett Clutch Wallet, Tango Red 2.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Hayden Harnett Clutch Wallet, Tango Red.JPG
    Hayden Harnett Clutch Wallet, Tango Red.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 46
Tonij, I saw your photos before making this thread and I was blown away by the color! Maybe it's my screen by I see a mix of bright red with hot pink undertones. I have a RM mini nikki in Ruby, and it is also a bright red with pinkish undertones, so I'm wondering is the Tango Red is something similar. I love that the stitching matches the leather more than the Ruby and its darker stitches. Oh yes, Tonij what is your opinion on the difference in lining? Have you felt the nylon lining, or own anything with it to compare to your wallet's lining?

SO TORN!

Btw, Grey is also a close contender if I wasn't hooked on the Ruby from the SS.

I see the pink in the pics too but there is no pink in the wallet, none. If the nylon lining is the almost umbrella like, blah lining...this lining is soooo much better! The leather is like my Olive Havana, thick, plush and scratches easily. I kinda want you to get the Ruby so that we can post pics side by side, LOL.

Sorry I'm not much help...

If that's all you wanted to know, there are already a couple threads discussing reds. I'd have chosen grey or saddle of the offered choices. Of the 2 reds, tango.http://forum.purseblog.com/hayden-harnett/hayden-harnett-ruby-vs-tango-red-293007.html

Well the difference betw. the reds were one of a few reasons I made this thread. I wanted to share my exciting experience to the HH lovers here, and also wanted to see what you all would have chosen, which you have shared. I didn't know that the Ruby and Tango Red thread had existed until after I made this thread. Even after reading that thread, it really didn't provide me a clear idea on how it was different. But thanks for letting me know the existence of that thread.

I see the pink in the pics too but there is no pink in the wallet, none. If the nylon lining is the almost umbrella like, blah lining...this lining is soooo much better! The leather is like my Olive Havana, thick, plush and scratches easily. I kinda want you to get the Ruby so that we can post pics side by side, LOL.

Sorry I'm not much help...

Hm, I didn't know about the part where it easily scratches. I'm a little worried about that know because I plan to use it frequently. Think some conditioning would help it once in a while?

Tonij, you've helped more than you think! Thank you! :heart:

Hm, I didn't know about the part where it easily scratches. I'm a little worried about that know because I plan to use it frequently. Think some conditioning would help it once in a while?
Toni mentioned the similarity to her Olive Havana leather. It's really the best HH ever offered, and does take conditioning nicely, but is not meant to be perfect. If you carry it inside your purse, scratches shouldn't be an issue.
I'm certain that the great Red debate will never be solved until somebody gets both reds and shows them side-by-side.

I have a ruby Bowery clutch. It is a soft subdued red and not a lipstick red that toni's tango red is. I will post pics later today, or sometime tomorrow as I am at work now. The leather on the ruby is really soft and slightly pebbled.

Tonij, you've helped more than you think! Thank you! :heart:

I plan to use leather protector on mine before I start carrying it but the scratches almost disappear with a little finger swipe.

Oooh! I'd love to see them side by side, too! LOL!
:yes:
Both reds look incredible to me, and I am not sure you can go wrong with either choice. I love the reds!!! I love the style of the wallet and the red would be gorgeous (as we see in Tonij's pix).
Congrats on being able to pick the color of your choice; I hope you are not too bummed about not getting the Oyster.

i have to admit that at one point i had both a ruby bag and a tango red wallet (albeit not entirely tango red - the harlequin print one has tango red leather). i neglected to take a picture.

i prefer Tango red. it's a truer red - i agree that ruby is a bit more subdued.