Advice Needed, Please.....my pics are tooooo good!

Apr 14, 2007
ADVICE NEEDED, PLEASE!

Hello,

I finally decided to post for help after opening 4 new messages within a couple of hours...all having requested "real pics".

I wanted my auction pics to be good, so I did a lot of research, bought professional equipment, etc. Big problem...every time I list an item I get lots and lots of potential buyers asking for "real pictures." I also wonder how many pass my auctions thinking the pics are stock.

Here's an example of my auction/pics xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I do state within my auctions: "Pictures taken by us of actual item being offered"...but it doesn't help.

Please, help! What can I do to make sure potential buyers know I took the pics of the item being offered??? Any advice is sincerely appreciated! Thank you, Becky of BeautifulBasics :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Put a small sign in the pic with your eBay ID on it so they know the picture was taken by you and not a stock pic. :biggrin:

I dont think you are allowed to 'advertise' your own auctions here - i know that wasnt your aim but im still not sure its allowed.

Hi, Your pics are good but I thin its the fact that they are mixed with model pics and Dior logos which makes people thin they are stock pics. Perhaps you could do a line of pics and the other bits to the side. A watermark could help too.

Hi, Your pics are good but I thin its the fact that they are mixed with model pics and Dior logos which makes people thin they are stock pics. Perhaps you could do a line of pics and the other bits to the side. A watermark could help too.

I think that's a good point. Because you're photo's are so good (I'm jealous!) It's hard to differentiate from those and stock photos. Therefore you'd just assume all were stock photos and be wary. You could try seperating the photos clearly like with the watermark people have suggested and then having any extra photos all in one spot away from your own.

I agree with Princess_lydz. I would opt for a tent card with your ebay seller ID in the photo. A watermark is good, but most ebayers (especially other sellers) know a watermark can be easily added to a stock photo. As an active ebay buyer and seller, I would see the ID card as something that indicated it was there when the photo was taken - otherwise you would have had to photoshop it in, which is time consuming when done neatly.

The thing I don't like about watermarks in ebay images is that they mess with the buyer's ability to see every smidge of the handbag. There is one reputable powerseller that sells new authentic bags from store displays at very affordable prices because they may have marks, faded leather, or repairs needed. They use a watermark in very pale rose script across their handbag photos. When they talk about a "very slight discoloration along side of bag that can hardly be seen"... it can hardly be seen... because of the store name in script in front. So, be cautious when using a watermark. Shift its location as needed.

I think the ebay buyer is wary of NWT because of how many times they've been burned with auctions with stock photos or "a flaw so slight camera could not show it" photo - only to have the NWT arrive with a half-inch scuff on the front of the bag. BTW, you will want to mark your photos some way anyway. They are so good, other sellers may think they are stock images they can "borrow". They may borrow mine but I wouldn't care. I use a cheap camera. I don't have the expense of professional equipment to have to recover. On behalf of auction buyers, I thank you for your efforts in supplying photos that let a bidder really see in detail what they are bidding on.

Hello,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :flowers: Thank you so much to every single person for your responses. First thing this morning I woke up and checked to see what your thoughts were. I am a little bit thrown off by how many people ask for "real pics" every time I list. Sometimes I get more reqests for "real pics", than actual questions about the item!

Brilliant ideas...(I am going to redo all of my pics using these ideas).:heart: I never thought of putting something by the bag with my logo on it (so everyone can see I took the pics)!

One question though, should I put something by the bag in the pic and use a watermark?

Another quick question, what do I do when taking the close up pics? It may be a little hard to place something inside the pic. For example, here are two close up pics (click here)...should I still include my logo printed on a piece of paper for shots like these? My apologies for the silly question.

Thank you again and best wishes, Becky

p.s. I am terribly sorry for including the link to my auction :noggin:, here's a screenshot of my pics with no auction...click here (click pic to maximize)!

your pics are beautiful!

my suggestion is.. when you include your ebay id on the pictures.. just write it neatly on a piece of paper or cardboard then place it next to the item when taking pictures. 'coz if you'll use a program to watermark your pics, it will still not look THAT real. it still might be mistaken as a stock photo. jmo. =)

Hello,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :flowers: Thank you so much to every single person for your responses. First thing this morning I woke up and checked to see what your thoughts were. I am a little bit thrown off by how many people ask for "real pics" every time I list. Sometimes I get more reqests for "real pics", than actual questions about the item!

Brilliant ideas...(I am going to redo all of my pics using these ideas).:heart: I never thought of putting something by the bag with my logo on it (so everyone can see I took the pics)!

One question though, should I put something by the bag in the pic and use a watermark?

Another quick question, what do I do when taking the close up pics? It may be a little hard to place something inside the pic. For example, here are two close up pics (click here)...should I still include my logo printed on a piece of paper for shots like these? My apologies for the silly question.

Thank you again and best wishes, Becky

p.s. I am terribly sorry for including the link to my auction :noggin:, here's a screenshot of my pics with no auction...click here (click pic to maximize)!

Wow. Your pictures are gorgeous!!!! Are you a professional photographer? You should seriously consider doing this as a profession. No joke. And I'm an artist who studied photography for a semester, so there's nothing to squawk at with these pics.

I can totally see why people are thinking they're stock photos. I would have thought the exact same thing. Definitely include a card with your eBay ID and/or logo next to the bag, so there won't be any question to your photos authenticity. Hey, you may even score a photo job out of it.

Gorgeous bag, BTW. :yes:

Beautiful pics! You can either watermark the closeup pics, or use a smaller strip of paper bearing your ebay ID and place it next to the bag detail and take a pic of that. That way, the pic will capture your ebay ID clearly too.

And last but not least, take crappy pics like me and do away with all the hassle! lol.... JK...