Need Advice: WTM Midi or Hug Me for Petites?

ckayakrx2

Sep 20, 2007
Okay, ladies, I need help deciding. My Hug Me plum crash arrived this weekend and although I adore the color and I like the idea of a satchel and the overall style of the Hug Me, I'm not lovin' the fact that it's squat and fat-looking. (Please don't shoot me, all you lovely ladies who have one!)

It's great from the front (my profile view), but from the bag's side (which is what you see when I'm carrying it in my hand), I feel like I'm carrying a little duffle bag. I can't seem to get over that. Not the most attractive look when you're only 5'1".

I bought it thinking I can also wear it messenger style when I need my hands free, but that looks sloppy too. So I'm wondering if I should return it and get the WTM midi instead.

But then... I plan on carrying the WTM on my hand for the most part (to give my shoulder a break; plus some clothes look better when you don't have a shoulder bag hanging from on it).

So would the WTM Midi, when hand-held, hang too low? Does this make sense at all?

Makes complete sense to me. My WTM midi is the smallest bag I own and I'm just 2 inches taller than you. It really is a bag a petite woman can carry and not be overwhelmed.

Hi there. I have the WTM midi in Black Glossy and it is an absolute classic. I am only 5ft 3 and find it is the perfect size. I am still contemplating ordering the Hug Me, but worried because I am a shoulder bag girl - but I love the style! The WTM is great because it can be worn comfortably on the arm or shoulder, and messenger!! I don't know, I guess you need to go with the gut instinct.

I am now between the Stroke Me Midi and the Hug Me in Choc Matte and may order both and try them out. But I know I don't like running around with a bag on my arm, so probably the SMM would be better. Wish the hug me could be made into a hobo type bag!!

Good luck with your decision.

Definitely return the Hug Me if its not making you absolutely giddy with joy. The WTM Midi is a bag that looks fabulous hand-held, over the shoulder, and messenger style. I am your height and it doesn't even get close to the floor. It actually seems pretty small in person, but it holds a surprising amount.

I think I agree with everyone here...get the WTM Midi.

kel28...the Stroke Me's are on hiatus right now...but still reminds my favorite overall bag!

Great post - I'm only 5"3 and like the handheld bags as well. I was wondering the same thing about the midi. It looks like a fantastic bag, but I don't like to wear shoulder bags as handhelds because it just looks funny.

Hi there. I have the WTM midi in Black Glossy and it is an absolute classic. I am only 5ft 3 and find it is the perfect size. I am still contemplating ordering the Hug Me, but worried because I am a shoulder bag girl - but I love the style! The WTM is great because it can be worn comfortably on the arm or shoulder, and messenger!! I don't know, I guess you need to go with the gut instinct.

I am now between the Stroke Me Midi and the Hug Me in Choc Matte and may order both and try them out. But I know I don't like running around with a bag on my arm, so probably the SMM would be better. Wish the hug me could be made into a hobo type bag!!

Good luck with your decision.

Hi kel28! Have you posted pics of your WTM midi yet? I'd love to see it in black glossy. I love seeing everyone's pics, especially modeling ones because I can get a much better idea of proportion when someone's wearing it.

There's a WTM midi on museten.com that I'm contemplating... can't decide between black or choc crash.

Yeah, my gut is telling me that although I love the ladylike polish of a hand-held satchel, I really end up wearing bags on my shoulder more often.

Definitely return the Hug Me if its not making you absolutely giddy with joy. The WTM Midi is a bag that looks fabulous hand-held, over the shoulder, and messenger style. I am your height and it doesn't even get close to the floor. It actually seems pretty small in person, but it holds a surprising amount.

Glad to hear that, circoit. Do you use the shoulder strap much? Is it comfortable? And how are you working the 2 detachable straps -- do you keep both the shoulder & messenger strap in the bag and pull out the one you need at the time?

Which color WTM midi do you have?

I think I agree with everyone here...get the WTM Midi.

Hi savvy23! You were contemplating both WTM & Hug Me at one time, weren't you? What made you decide on the WTM? I'm leaning that way too -- exchanging the Hug Me for WTM.

Does anyone here have both a WTM Midi & a Love Me Midi? I'm curious to see how they compare size-wise. I love my LMMidi and I'm imagining the WTM Midi is like it, just thinner in depth and an inch longer in height... is that right?

Maybe we can get someone to wear one of each on their shoulder:yes:?

Great post - I'm only 5"3 and like the handheld bags as well. I was wondering the same thing about the midi. It looks like a fantastic bag, but I don't like to wear shoulder bags as handhelds because it just looks funny.

I hear ya. suzi! I wonder, since the WTM Midi has shorter handles, if you can get away with wearing it as a handheld, without it looking like a tote bag,

Ideally, I'd like style of the Hug Me as is, if only it were narrower in fit. So instead of the 7" depth, I wish it were only 3 or 4 inches. I don't think you'd compromise too much in carrying capacity; it will still hold a lot but it would look more sleek from the side.

Having both bags, I can clearly say that I prefer the WTM hands-down over the Hug Me, so I can completely understand where you're coming from.

We all have our preferences where styles are concerned, so by all means, get a style that makes your heart beat a little faster. :yes:

Okay, ladies, I need help deciding. My Hug Me plum crash arrived this weekend and although I adore the color and I like the idea of a satchel and the overall style of the Hug Me, I'm not lovin' the fact that it's squat and fat-looking. (Please don't shoot me, all you lovely ladies who have one!)

It's great from the front (my profile view), but from the bag's side (which is what you see when I'm carrying it in my hand), I feel like I'm carrying a little duffle bag. I can't seem to get over that. Not the most attractive look when you're only 5'1".

I bought it thinking I can also wear it messenger style when I need my hands free, but that looks sloppy too. So I'm wondering if I should return it and get the WTM midi instead.

But then... I plan on carrying the WTM on my hand for the most part (to give my shoulder a break; plus some clothes look better when you don't have a shoulder bag hanging from on it).

So would the WTM Midi, when hand-held, hang too low? Does this make sense at all?

Hi,

Oh no offense taken. I can totally understand your feelings! I even wrote a post tonight saying that it took me a good "day" to try and get used to the proportions of the HM style. Maybe because I ordered mine in the chocolate, I"m noticing the leather transform. Instead of seeming long, it's taking on a much rounder shape and getting slouchier which helps a lot! What I love about our BE forum is that, we all have our favorites. That's what makes our forum, interesting!

I would exchange it for something that you, totally LOVE. I agree with everyone's advice.

I don't have either, but I definitely prefer the WTM midi to the Hug Me. The Hug Me just doesn't do it for me, whereas the WTM midi is sooo chic and functional. I love the different strap options on the WTM midi as well. I say, return the Hug Me if you're not feeling the love.

Glad to hear that, circoit. Do you use the shoulder strap much? Is it comfortable? And how are you working the 2 detachable straps -- do you keep both the shoulder & messenger strap in the bag and pull out the one you need at the time?

Which color WTM midi do you have?

I have the black glossy. I don't use the shoulder strap - I just keep the messenger strap on. I am fairly petite, so I can fit the double handles over my should just fine, so until I start wearing coats, the shoulder strap isn't necessary.

Hi savvy23! You were contemplating both WTM & Hug Me at one time, weren't you? What made you decide on the WTM? I'm leaning that way too -- exchanging the Hug Me for WTM.

Does anyone here have both a WTM Midi & a Love Me Midi? I'm curious to see how they compare size-wise. I love my LMMidi and I'm imagining the WTM Midi is like it, just thinner in depth and an inch longer in height... is that right?

Maybe we can get someone to wear one of each on their shoulder:yes:?
For me.....it is the look of the crossbody and how flat it looks against the body. It is CHIC AND sold me as I have seen more photos...even without the messenger strap. I has this certain "look" that made me say goodbye to the Hug ME and yes to WTM. Though the MMS is still my favorite right now!

I think contessa has both the WTM Midi and LMMidi..I think she can chime in on this.