Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee its here!!! Now I am BANNED!

Patches4me

Jun 19, 2007
OMG the leather is soooooo soft! she is BEAUTIFUL!! my pictures dont even do it justice. I was much too excited to get better one:yahoo:

fits on my shoulder PERFECT!! bottom sags a bit so I put a base holder in it, perfect fit! the one from my neverful LV MM fits (shhh I am much more into coach:tup: )

I love love love this purchase:heart:

Now I am BANNED for awhile:tdown: but it was so worth it:wlae:

Oh and its the purple, I didnt pick it up good enough but like I said I was in a hurry:woohoo:

Attachments

• legacy.jpg
    legacy.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 223
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 266
Congrats! I also just got this exact bag and mini skinny since I couldn't stand the top handle because of the thin leather. I just wanted to ask you about your LV base...can you post photos? I usually keep packing paper in my bags at the base where needed, and that works ok, but if a base would work better, I might be interested in getting one! I was worried about slippage of these, however, or even where the sharp edges and corners make the leather stick out ugly...is this a problem with that type of base?? I have to tell you that the leather is really thin, and anything that causes the leather to stick out and then rub against your clothing will probably mark it permanently. This happened to the back of my top handle in a couple of areas just from having papers in the back pocket and also around the magnetic snap on the pocket. That's why I want to be really careful with this one!!

Thanks in advance for any advice/help!

Its the satchel. The leather isnt thin on mine? I am not using the strap, just the thick handles.

search ebay for MM LV base or something like that. they are usually 15-20.00 but fit alot of bags perfectly, this being one of them:wlae:

Its the satchel. The leather isnt thin on mine? I am not using the strap, just the thick handles.

search ebay for MM LV base or something like that. they are usually 15-20.00 but fit alot of bags perfectly, this being one of them:wlae:

It's not as thin on the satchel because it has better reinforcement and design (especially at the top), but you will see it break in around the sides and bottom where it's very thin... and then the bag will begin to puddle more. This is why I ended up with the satchel...I couldn't deal with the other styles.

Is this base flat?? I don't think I really want anything that's just a flat sheet so that it doesn't make the leather stick out.

It's not as thin on the satchel because it has better reinforcement and design (especially at the top), but you will see it break in around the sides and bottom where it's very thin... and then the bag will begin to puddle more. This is why I ended up with the satchel...I couldn't deal with the other styles.

Is this base flat?? I don't think I really want anything that's just a flat sheet so that it doesn't make the leather stick out.

Sorry to hijack this thread for a minute, but Baglady, question for you. Do you have any experience with the medium flap shoulder bag in the new Legacy line? I was looking at it online and considering exchanging my Hamptons carryall for one of these since I now have more bags in pebbled leather with two straps that I really want. What would your choice be between those two? Thanks!!

Yes the base is flat. and you can get them in diffrent colors. (it will also protect the bottom of your purse)

and thank girls! I am super excited. of course DH wont be when he gets the bill though:roflmfao:

Sorry to hijack this thread for a minute, but Baglady, question for you. Do you have any experience with the medium flap shoulder bag in the new Legacy line? I was looking at it online and considering exchanging my Hamptons carryall for one of these since I now have more bags in pebbled leather with two straps that I really want. What would your choice be between those two? Thanks!!

Well, I think some people on the forum have purchased the flap and love it, but the one I tried at my SA's store also buckled/slouched a bit...but not nearly as bad as the top handle. The thing is I find that particular bag small, and with the look of the leather, I'm just not a huge fan of it TBH. The only thing I can say is that it slouches and buckles far less than my top handle did because it's thinner, but I would imagine if your stuff sort of piles up together in the center, that it might have the same effect after the leather breaks in (at least my bag got worse about that). I also didn't like the strap on the bag I tried either...thin and scratched my shoulder, but it might have just been a rough spot on that particular one. My satchel is also pretty small..the tote is a better size, but the satchel handles are long enough to use on the shoulder and the bag feels good. I just find it a bit tighter to get into because of the way the top of the bag is designed.

In general I do think the thin leather works better on smaller items. I don't have an issue with my wristlet or wallet just because they are small and reinforced, and there's no issue with the Bridgit. Overall, between the flap and carryall, I really like the Hamptons carryall much better, though, and it's cheaper... but I can understand your point about the grain on the leather. I wanted a purple bag larger than the Bridgit, and really LOVE the new Legacy designs... so I put up with it for one bag. Hands down the leather looks nicer on the carryall, though! JMO.

Oh, and also sorry for hijacking too, but Donnalynn, they are still showing magenta as a color popping up for the Hamptons vintage hobo. I know it's a lot more expensive, but it's a purpley color, single strap, and you might prefer that leather over the cheaper Hamptons line. I plan to get this one and possibly the mineral color. The hobo is large but feels very comfortable on (even with a rope strap).

Well, I think some people on the forum have purchased the flap and love it, but the one I tried at my SA's store also buckled/slouched a bit...but not nearly as bad as the top handle. The thing is I find that particular bag small, and with the look of the leather, I'm just not a huge fan of it TBH. The only thing I can say is that it slouches and buckles far less than my top handle did because it's thinner, but I would imagine if your stuff sort of piles up together in the center, that it might have the same effect after the leather breaks in (at least my bag got worse about that). I also didn't like the strap on the bag I tried either...thin and scratched my shoulder, but it might have just been a rough spot on that particular one. My satchel is also pretty small..the tote is a better size, but the satchel handles are long enough to use on the shoulder and the bag feels good. I just find it a bit tighter to get into because of the way the top of the bag is designed.

In general I do think the thin leather works better on smaller items. I don't have an issue with my wristlet or wallet just because they are small and reinforced, and there's no issue with the Bridgit. Overall, between the flap and carryall, I really like the Hamptons carryall much better, though, and it's cheaper... but I can understand your point about the grain on the leather. I wanted a purple bag larger than the Bridgit, and really LOVE the new Legacy designs... so I put up with it for one bag. Hands down the leather looks nicer on the carryall, though! JMO.

Thanks baglady! I have yet to go to a boutique to see the new Legacy, but I like to have an idea of what to expect before I get "dazzled by the newness", kwim?! I appreciate your opinion, since we are both original Legacy leather fans!!

Thanks baglady! I have yet to go to a boutique to see the new Legacy, but I like to have an idea of what to expect before I get "dazzled by the newness", kwim?! I appreciate your opinion, since we are both original Legacy leather fans!!

You know, the designs are great, but this line never should have been called Legacy! It's really hard to look past the leather to begin with, and then add the "Legacy idea" on top of it! It's really hard to judge it fairly. Try looking at the gray first... I didn't want a gray bag, but I just think the leather looks nicer in this color than any of them. JMO.

Also to prevent another shock...neither the top handle or flap have the stripe lining. It's just the satchel, tote, and accessories! So the website is wrong. Unfortunately, the prettiest lining is NOT in the amethyst color either...it's a goldish color. I personally like that fuchsia lining if I'm going to get a solid color, but hey, it's inside the bag, right?? :P