Oh no! Mnjor problem w/ new nose ring

bnjj

Jovi Junkie
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
I would have put this in my existing thread but didn't know if anyone who previously replied would see it.

I woke up this morning and the pink stud is not on top of my nose - it has fallen inside the hole. I tried pushing it back out from the inside with a q-tip and it did break the surface and it bled but it will not stay on top of the skin - it keeps falling back inside the hole.

The place that pierced it is not open until tomorrow.

Has this happened to anyone else?

You need to get a bigger stud. It does happen so try not to worry about it too much, just watch it to make sure your skin doesn't grow around it. Pull it out from time to time (use clean hands). Get to your piercer asap.

Hey I just came across the thread where you said you just had it done- the piercer screwed up by either 1) putting in too tiny of a stud or 2) piercing you with a larger gauge (they do this because some are lazy and its a PITA sometimes to get a screw in). We have to fix this problem a lot in my fiancee's shop. Like I said it's nothing to worry about but it is their fault (as long as you didn't rip the thing out in the 2 days you've had it) and they should supply you with a new screw.

I agree with LegacyGirl, but I also want to add that you should be gentle in moving it if you have to move it. Aggravating a new piercing too much can result in the formation of scar tissue during healing. I wouldn't want you to end up with a bump on your nose in the form of a keloid scar.

Thanks. I thought the same thing - that they must have pierced it the wrong size. This thing was not cheap and I'm guessing they are going to want to charge me for the new stud and I don't think that is right as I paid for it to be done right the first time.

Thanks. I thought the same thing - that they must have pierced it the wrong size. This thing was not cheap and I'm guessing they are going to want to charge me for the new stud and I don't think that is right as I paid for it to be done right the first time.

i think that they should give you the correct size for free. i would hope so!

I went to a tatt shop that is open today and they dug the screw out of my nose (OUCH!!!) and put in a larger one. I hope the same thing does not happen with this one.

It should be OK, they also may have put too short of a screw in KWIM? When I got mine, I went back the next day for a larger stone because I felt like the one had was going to get pulled right into my nose because it was so small!

They should NOT charge you, that is without a doubt their fault.