When you're just not perfect...

bags&shoes

shopping is an art
Jul 1, 2008
I am 5"9 1/2. I love clothes shoes, bags. (now you're all going to look for me at the mall )
But there are so many problems at this height. Shoes. I can only wear shoes up to 3 inches (and even that's alot) or I am just tooooo tall. I like high end designers (gucci makes a great size 11, and Jimmy Choos, LV) but they all make the heels so high, I feel lucky when I find something as "low" as 3 inches. And then Im a size 11, so I don't get to buy on sale. As soon as I see shoes, I have to snap them up. 5'9" with 3 inch heels makes me TALL. I wonder if people are looking at me...
Clothes are a little less of a problem, but finding jeans in a longer length takes time (sevens are good and Citizens makes them longer now) Because jeans need to hit the floor even with heels. Tee shirts have to be the longer length or they ride up (and Im sorry, that's not cute)

Anybody else out there?

I think you should just wear the high heels. Admittedly, I am four inches shorter than you so I won't pretend I know how you feel, but I think that you thinking you're "too tall" is just you, not anyone else. Also, I disagree that jeans have to hit the floor with heels. They might look better when they are almost to the floor (I hate when jeans are long enough to actually touch the floor, and they cover the shoe completely), but they don't look bad when they don't. Personally, I wish I didn't have to spend an extra $10-$20 to hem every pair of jeans I own or buy the rare "petite" lengths.

I know it's easier said than done, but embrace your height!!! :smile: Every time a tall woman sashays by in high heels, she is very striking and all eyes are on her! I find a tall woman in heels to be gorgeous, confident, and sexy! :smile: Height is a special rarity since most of the world is short-to-average....tall women are goddesses and clothes always look good on them.

I know it's easier said than done, but embrace your height!!! Every time a tall woman sashays by in high heels, she is very striking and all eyes are on her! I find a tall woman in heels to be gorgeous, confident, and sexy! Height is a special rarity since most of the world is short-to-average....tall women are goddesses and clothes always look good on them .

I agree completely! I get jealous when I see tall women...

I am 5"9 1/2. I love clothes shoes, bags. (now you're all going to look for me at the mall )
But there are so many problems at this height. Shoes. I can only wear shoes up to 3 inches (and even that's alot) or I am just tooooo tall. I like high end designers (gucci makes a great size 11, and Jimmy Choos, LV) but they all make the heels so high, I feel lucky when I find something as "low" as 3 inches. And then Im a size 11, so I don't get to buy on sale. As soon as I see shoes, I have to snap them up. 5'9" with 3 inch heels makes me TALL. I wonder if people are looking at me...
Clothes are a little less of a problem, but finding jeans in a longer length takes time (sevens are good and Citizens makes them longer now) Because jeans need to hit the floor even with heels. Tee shirts have to be the longer length or they ride up (and Im sorry, that's not cute)

Anybody else out there?

I know exactly how you feel. I am a little over 5'9 too. I hate that there are all these amazing shoes that have platforms and 5inch heels that I think look silly on me....Do I really need to be 6'2 everyday? I wish they would offer two heights one under 3 inches and one over. All the women in my neighborhood are 5'0 and weigh about 90lbs. I weigh about 135lbs, so I am usually 45lbs heavier than anybody else in the room ...ARH!!! I feel like T Rex sometimes.

I know it's easier said than done, but embrace your height!!! :smile: Every time a tall woman sashays by in high heels, she is very striking and all eyes are on her! I find a tall woman in heels to be gorgeous, confident, and sexy! :smile: Height is a special rarity since most of the world is short-to-average....tall women are goddesses and clothes always look good on them.

Oh Yay! That MAKES me feel really good too. :smile: Thanks

^^^ Hehe. You know, this thread reminds me of the time I went out with a group of 6-7 girlfriends -- average height 5'2" EXCEPT for our tall and beautiful friend who is 5'9" (and yes, she rocks 4" heels). Everywhere we went, men's eyes zoomed straight over our heads and right to HER! It's like me and my shortie friends weren't even present. :rolleyes: One guy went up to her, and said, "I love seeing a beautiful, TALL woman." and proceeded to lay on the pick-up schtick. He said that right in front of all us shorties....talk about a blow to our egos. :smile:

I know exactly how you feel. I am a little over 5'9 too. I hate that there are all these amazing shoes that have platforms and 5inch heels that I think look silly on me....Do I really need to be 6'2 everyday? I wish they would offer two heights one under 3 inches and one over. All the women in my neighborhood are 5'0 and weigh about 90lbs. I weigh about 135lbs, so I am usually 45lbs heavier than anybody else in the room ...ARH!!! I feel like T Rex sometimes.

The shoe thing is terrible. If I wear flat shoes with dresses; my feet look GARGANTUAN. A heel makes the leg look nicer, but in my case it also makes me over 6 feet tall. And like I said, there are no shoe sales for me: when I see something my size and heel appropriate, blah, blah, I BUY it. If I don't it'll be gone!
This isn't a pity party, I mean, I know everyone has their thing they focus on, this is just mine...

*waves*

I'm in the same boat with you re the shoe issue. I'm also a US size 11, and unfortunately, they just don't carry that sorta shoe sizing in Singapore, where most Asian ladies are tiny and don't have huge feet like me :P

I'm also 6 feet tall, and while I don't mind the extra height in heels, my feet give out if I wear anything higher than 3 inches, and try to do extra walking in them.

I have the same problems. I'm 5'11" and it's a pain finding pants that are long enough. I found this store with longer pants, but the quality is terrible. Sigh. :s T-shirts are so often just too short... All my friends are like 5'3"-5'5" and they're always complaining that everything is too long for them!

Besides that, I'm quite happy being tall! And yes, I do wear heels! Up to 4 inches high. I really don't care what people think when I'm wearing heels. I think I look great in them!

Be proud of your height, ladies! :woohoo: