berry hamptons carryall arrived with...

schoi

O.G.
Aug 9, 2008
A SPLOTCH! I don't know what it is but it looks like a stain because its a darker spot. It came in the mail like that! I didn't notice because it's near the charms and I thought it would just be lighting and such, but what do I do? Now that I've found it I can seem to not see it. Would the leather be this way? Or do you think its a stain? Could I take it back to the store to exchange? The tag is not on it anymore but I still have my receipt. I don't even know if it came with a tag because I would have kept it, but now its no where to be found. This is the 2nd time I've had problems with this bag being sent to me. I returned the first one because the hardware was all scratched up. What to do?:crybaby:

I also declined two Peytons for the same reason. Sometimes it's just a variation in the leather, which is more apparent on a colored bag than a darker brown or black. However, I have gotten "dirty" bags from JAX before...my sunflower Bridgit arrived with black marks all over the back, like they put it down on a dirty table or something.

You can definitely return it. Sometimes the boutique SAs select "remove the tag" on the receipt, which is probably the reason that it didn't arrive with one. This drives me nuts, and sometimes I forget the check the receipts or tell them. I wouldn't worry about it. You can take it back right away with your JAX receipt and should be fine.

As to whether you should return it, that's up to you. Depending on what the flaw is and where it's located, along with available stock, would be issues I would consider when making that decision. I know that when I'm conditioning the bag, the flaw will usually get darker, but sometimes I can pull tape over that spot and make it blend into the other leather color where it's not apparent. I would have to do this every time it's conditioned. I have one bag like this, and it's not too bad to handle, but it was the last one so I chose to keep it. Otherwise, I would just return it (especially at full price boutique), and get another one.

Good luck!

Definitely exchange it. Like I always say, if it already bugs you now, it will only bother you more in time. If you pay that much for a bag, it had better be just how you like it. Hope everything works out for you.

I have that purse, too, and the first one I got, I noticed that only one of the four sides had extra-large pebbled leather that didn't match the rest of the bag. To some people, it might've been a small issue (or non-issue), but it bothered me so much, so I exchanged it, and now I'm so much happier because the pebbling is uniform.

I went through the same thing and know how you feel. I had problems with my hamptons hobo the first 2 were defective and I almost didn't order it again. Thank goodness I did because the third time it arrived perfect. I would say if you are gonna spend that much money on a bag it should be perfect. Go back and get a new one :yes: You will be so happy when you get a perfect one!

SO, they took the bag back, BUT it turns out they have none in stock anywhere now. They said they would notify me when they get it, but currently, I am without my berry carryall.:tdown:

the same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. But all 3 they have left in my local boutique have some degree of flaw so I just chose one with the least amount of flaw. I figured at 348 I can live with it. (Since the newer bags seems to be much more expensive and I love the color). But it does bother me a little sometimes.

At the boutique they just said they had to notify me if and when it becomes available again... doesn't sound too promising does it? The IF is what worries me most. Do you think they'll re-release it?

Well, that sucks. I really hope that they find one for you!

Yeah, I noticed just recently that the berry colour is no longer available on the Coach website.

If they can't find a flawless one for you, could you get the one you had before, or would that bother you too much? I know a splotch would drive me crazy, but...if I had to choose between having a beautiful bag and dealing with a splotch, I might have to deal with the latter...somehow. (I'd have to use psychology on myself to make me think that the splotch makes the bag "unique"...) Anyway, I hope it all works out for you.

SO, they took the bag back, BUT it turns out they have none in stock anywhere now. They said they would notify me when they get it, but currently, I am without my berry carryall.:tdown: