Short/Petite gals what do you like wearing?

I am struggling to find jeans that fit me. I am 5'0'' and a 00 and cannot find anything that is the right length on me. richprincess: i am going to try forever 21 and see what they have.

I also love pencil skirts and have one from Macys and the brand is INC and it is one of my favorite business type pieces on my wardrobe.

I sometimes wish I could be just a couple more inches taller so it would be easier to find stuff that fit me but I am happy with what I have and am glad I am not the only one who struggles to find clothes that fit.

lunatwinkle: I agree with all the looks you mentioned. I use those types of looks also.

I take the cake at 4 11" (Legal midget FTW)

When you're as short as me, the high heels stop hurting. :sweatdrop:

1. Make sure skirts are a good two inches above your knee.

2. The evening gown delema. I seriously don't understand why short girls like wearing tea length dresses so much. AVOID THOSE AT ALL COSTS. They just make you look like one of snow white's buddies. Either go above the knee, or floor lengh with 4 inch heels.

The one good thing about being small is that you can get away with some stuff that would look skanky on other girls. But thats a small retribution for only being able to reach with top shelf in chem lab with heels. :Push:

I'm 5'2 and all I ever wear are mini dresses and shorts (mostly with longish, baby-doll tops.) I think the key is to lengthen the legs so mini dresses which are above the knee will do so, shorts too! I have not worn jeans for years now as I'm conscious about my huge thighs but I don't think it's a problem for slim, petite girls (Nicole Richie is an perfect example!) I really want to wear skinnies though lol so that's one of my motivations to lose weight!

I also live in flip-flops and ballet flats (I'm a full-time student) as I take public transport and hence need to walk around quite a bit. Although I love heels I rarely wear them unless I'm driving.

I'm 5'2 and all I ever wear are mini dresses and shorts (mostly with longish, baby-doll tops.) I think the key is to lengthen the legs so mini dresses which are above the knee will do so, shorts too! I have not worn jeans for years now as I'm conscious about my huge thighs but I don't think it's a problem for slim, petite girls (Nicole Richie is an perfect example!) I really want to wear skinnies though lol so that's one of my motivations to lose weight!

I also live in flip-flops and ballet flats (I'm a full-time student) as I take public transport and hence need to walk around quite a bit. Although I love heels I rarely wear them unless I'm driving.

Actually I really have to differ on this! I have been told by many people including my mother who is my BF that I look shorter in shorts skirts (above or just below the knee!) One of my friends who is 5-1' was wearing shorts one day and she looked like a midget!
Maxi length dressses/gowns tend to the look the best the ones with a slight a-line silhouette and not too much fabric and a small-mid heel in my observation.I have seen small girls wearing business length skirt suits and they do tend to look even smaller

I'm petite too... 5'1"... but I love being a shortie!

Skinny jeans are my favorite thing right now although I used to not think I could wear them either... until I discovered J Brand 10"! They fit incredibly and no alterations needed! I also love Rich & Skinny's Super Skinny!

The key is to get an inseam around 29" with the smallest leg opening possible and you're good to go!

Here's an example of a nice look for someone petite...

Attachments

• Petite Style.jpg
    Petite Style.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 77