Leaving Ebay and going to eCrater?

ivysun

Sep 21, 2006
I got a message from a ebay seller who I previously purchased from saying she is packing up and moving her store to eCrater. I check out the site (www.eCrater.com) on my own and find out it is a pretty good site for fixed listing. There is no listing fee, no final value fee, google checkout (2% charges) and paypal accepted. It seems like a great alternative to ebay after 9/16... Just want to see if any one here has already been selling there or planning to move there..

Please also feel free to post your thought about the site..

I got a message from a ebay seller who I previously purchased from saying she is packing up and moving her store to eCrater. I check out the site (www.eCrater.com) on my own and find out it is a pretty good site for fixed listing. There is no listing fee, no final value fee, google checkout (2% charges) and paypal accepted. It seems like a great alternative to ebay after 9/16... Just want to see if any one here has already been selling there or planning to move there..

Please also feel free to post your thought about the site..

Cool - I wonder what kind of protection policies they have. I see they accept paypal but if you ran into trouble how helpful would the Ebay owned Paypal be? :confused1:

Cool - I wonder what kind of protection policies they have. I see they accept paypal but if you ran into trouble how helpful would the Ebay owned Paypal be? :confused1:

I think the protection is the same for sellers (where as long as you ship to confirmed address) but not as good for buyers. Here is a link to paypal about the seller's protection

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/w...orizedPaymentProtectionFAQs-outside#coverage3

Someone pls confirm this though.. as I am not 100% sure!

It looks good thus far, but I get the feeling that eCrater isn't ready for the amount of traffic that an evilBay alternative would require. I'll definitely give it a shot, though!

As for the Paypal question, I believe it would be alright. I've bought/sold in other forums/communities and PayPal will hold up their end of the bargain regardless of whether or not an idem was purchased through eBay.

Here is the way I see it.. the site is pretty much free except the small 2% google checkout fee or 3% paypal fee only if you made a sale. So it is pretty much like the Market Place here, craigslist, or any other bag trading online groups etc. Except the advantage to eCrater is the site is a better organized... I guess the only challenges is how to get buyers to go there..

Possible solutions are:
1. Perhaps we can discuss about trusted eCarter sellers here just like how we discuss about ebay sellers.
2. Email all your previous buyers and let them know about it.

I think if everyone works together and does the two things above... eCrater would be a great sucess..

hm, better organized to sell fakes? I took a look at the Balenciaga bags for sale and didn't want to look any further....

I personally would not sell on that site.

so it has been around since fall 2004? there must be some user reviews about this site somewhere....

Here's one:
http://www.auctioninsights.info/review-ecratercom-an-ebay-alternative-part-1.html

I'm not sure it's really like an alternative to Ebay as it's more a supplement to someone's business website or e-store. With Ebay, customers come looking for their items, whereas eCrater is kind of designed for you to drive your own traffic to your eCrater store. Maybe one day it'll become a true competitor...