Tod's guidance wanted

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
1080_1.JPG
I almost purchased a bag like the one in this photo. I wasn't 100% sure about it. Price was excellent but it had quite a bit of scratches on it...making me think the leather was prone to this and would get more. Since the bag has somewhat of a vintage vibe, I could have lived with that, but it was a final sale and I was hesitant, so I passed. They also had Mickeys but I don't think they had the color I was looking for and (sorry no offense to Mickey owners) I found them a bit plain for my taste. So any opinions in case I get another opportunity? Thanks

The TODS calf leather bag so scratch easily. I had the restyled d bag in calf leather in 2 colors, sold both b/c of the fear to carry due to ease of scratching. The TODS grain leather bags do not scratch easily at all. Most of my TODS are grain leather with a few exceptions like th T bag, the leather is no quite the grainy Miky leather but it is resistant to scratches.

Cheers

Thank you ladies. I guess I made the right decision not getting the bag in the pic. I'll have to take another look at the Miky and other Tods bags. I'm wanting a ligheter brown (maybe luggage) color bag right now--darker than camel but not dark brown. Any recommendations in Tods?

Here are some Tod bags on Jomashop:

http://www.jomashop.com/todsbags.html

Thanks for posting pics of the first bag.....it really is a great lookin' bag - had no idea about the leather "issue"....
Thanks dcblam. That bag was such a good price (something like 75% off full retail) that I was tempted to overlook the scratches. But DH came along and said "it's just going to get more scratches". I was at the point where I'd already been in the store too long, so I folded. Even though $450 for an $1800 bag is a great deal, it's only great if you're going to be happy with it.