Market Tote Size

Lexie2000

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
Can anyone who has an actual Market Tote measure it for me for dimensions? Every place I look is a little different. I've seen 12 x 12 and 14 x 14 and 15 x 12. What the heck is it? And is it really 7 inches deep? Thanks. I gotta decide if this bag is too big more an everyday purse. Do you think it is more Tote/Shopping?

Here are the actual measurements for the Market Tote:

The bottom of the bag is 7 ½” deep (front to back), but the front pocket sticks out a little. If you put stuff in it, it would probably add about 1” or so to the depth. The width at the bottom is 12”.

The side panel, from top to bottom is 11”.

Because the bag is slouchy and the sides puff out a little (and the buckles jut out a tad), the width in the middle of the bag is almost 15”.

At the top of the bag, where the decorative strap/drawstring is, the width is 14 ¼”.

The strap drop is 6 ½”.

I usually carry large totes, so for me, this could be an everyday bag. HTH!

THis is a big bag Lexie, but is more stuctured for lack of a better word than the Nikki. But roughly same size. The handles are more like a MAB though. i like it better than the Nikki. It is a good shoulder bag for gals who like big bags.

Lexie - I can not even believe you posted this. I have been all over the internet today trying to find a black market tote. I am trying to decide between two black BEs or this one and a BE. We are definitely on the same page lately. What color were you thinking of?

Lexie - I can not even believe you posted this. I have been all over the internet today trying to find a black market tote. I am trying to decide between two black BEs or this one and a BE. We are definitely on the same page lately. What color were you thinking of?

Oh, an internet friend of mine got a market Tote (hasn't gotten it yet). I'm the one who said she should get it...LOL And the more I tried to sell it on her, the more I began to like it. So I am just getting ideas for future reference (like when it comes out in peacock!)
Does anyone know when that is happening since other Peacocks don't come out until December?

BE (Hug Me & Make Me Smile) still are on my radar first when my pre- Christmas Spending extravaganza begins...LOL I've got 4 RMs, coming, a Fall Botkier, and then I still need to acquire another B Bag, and Hopefully a Jimmy Choo Riki. There is also a Prada calling to me. If you are thinking of Pradas and Jimmy Choos then we must be long lost sisters!

The Market tote is a pretty big bag - though its not so big that it looks like you are carrying enough stuff for a weekend outing. I don't use it as an everyday bag because I don't carry enough stuff around with me on a day to day basis to justify it. If you carry a lot of stuff, then the Market Tote will do it very stylishly.

On the days I do use it, I get compliments everytime.

Suzi - Which BE bags are you trying to decide between?

Oh, an internet friend of mine got a market Tote (hasn't gotten it yet). I'm the one who said she should get it...LOL And the more I tried to sell it on her, the more I began to like it. So I am just getting ideas for future reference (like when it comes out in peacock!)
Does anyone know when that is happening since other Peacocks don't come out until December?

BE (Hug Me & Make Me Smile) still are on my radar first when my pre- Christmas Spending extravaganza begins...LOL I've got 4 RMs, coming, a Fall Botkier, and then I still need to acquire another B Bag, and Hopefully a Jimmy Choo Riki. There is also a Prada calling to me. If you are thinking of Pradas and Jimmy Choos then we must be long lost sisters!

Funny, I was checking out the Miu Miu Bow Satchel and the JC Rikki this morning. I am still into the silver hardware for black bags so it's been tough to find exactly what I want. Unfortunately, I can only bring in two new bags this fall unless I sell some of my others which is no easy task because I love them all!

Anyway, let me know what your friend thinks. I am wondering if it is too big? That Mahala is breaking my arm!:P

The Market tote is a pretty big bag - though its not so big that it looks like you are carrying enough stuff for a weekend outing. I don't use it as an everyday bag because I don't carry enough stuff around with me on a day to day basis to justify it. If you carry a lot of stuff, then the Market Tote will do it very stylishly.

On the days I do use it, I get compliments everytime.

Suzi - Which BE bags are you trying to decide between?

Circoit - I love the edginess of the WTM, but it might not be the right shape for me. I can't decide. I definitely like the Make Me Smile and the Hug Me. I'm probably leaning towards the black glossy Hug Me as my first. What do you think?

Also, it sounds like you think the Market is too big. I do tend to like that vertical shape for some reason.