About paypal's best efforts to get your money back

I was recently scammed by an ebay member that posted a Chloe Paddington bag for sale with pictures of a real bag. I won this auction and paid right away, but I was sent a fake bag...

I opened a dispute with paypal and it was decided in my favor, but I only was credited for $200, which is all I was protected for. (By the way, I am still waiting for this to show as a positive on my account)

Anyways, paypal says they will make their best effort to have the scammer refund the rest of my money. The question is, how successful are paypal's efforts in getting the money back?

Should I wave my money goodbye? Is there any hope?

I am really bummed about this :cursing:!

I was going to say file a chargeback with your credit card. Once you have exhausted Paypal's buyer protection you can file a chargeback and your credit card will credit you any amount not recovered by paypal. But since you used a debit card I don't know if that works the same way?

I could be wrong, but I don't think that you can do a chargeback with a debit card, and I don't think that there is much your bank can do. Your best bet would be to call your bank and ask them. I hate that PP will only protect you for $200, it should be the entire amount!

Ugh, I will give the bank a call and see what they can do.

I just keep telling my self that what goes around comes around and Karma is a B****! Usually makes me feel better.

Thanks for your responses ladies.

I'm in the exact same boat, hon! So sorry this happened to you...well....sorry this happened to both of us, really! I'm keeping my fingers crossed tha PayPal will eventually get our money back for us....but to be honest, I highly doubt they will! I started a thread just like this they day before yesturday and the consensus was that if you didnt pay with a credit card your probably not gonna see your money!:cursing:

I was recently scammed by an ebay member that posted a Chloe Paddington bag for sale with pictures of a real bag. I won this auction and paid right away, but I was sent a fake bag...

I opened a dispute with paypal and it was decided in my favor, but I only was credited for $200, which is all I was protected for. (By the way, I am still waiting for this to show as a positive on my account)

Anyways, paypal says they will make their best effort to have the scammer refund the rest of my money. The question is, how successful are paypal's efforts in getting the money back?

Should I wave my money goodbye? Is there any hope?

I am really bummed about this :cursing:!

don't trust what they say, coz i have a bad experience w/ them last year i was scammed 1000$ , file a claim , they only got half of my money and promise me that as long as a keep the file open they will pursue and will try their very best to get my money , i believe them after 6 months gto email from them saying that they can't get the other 500 fro the seller, and its too late for me to file a charge back tomy cc , so i'm lost 500 + purse.
so if i where you , call your cc to let them know whats going on so they can documented the issue to file a chargeback. sorry that this thing happened to you . goodluck!

I had the same thing happen to me, but thankfully it was only $19 but Pyapal was able to recover $0 of the funds. Agree with other members, call you bank and let us know if they'll be able to do anything for you! Good luck!!