Fashionphile.com... yea or nay?

M

MargotTenenbaum

I was looking at a bag on fashionphile and the pics are really small, so I emailed them to get a higher res pic, but they just sent me links to the pics posted on the site.

So here's the deal, the bag I'm considering supposedly has waterspots, and I want to see how bad they are before I buy it- plus it's almost a grand- so not exactly cheap.

Does anyone know if they take returns and offer refunds- coz I sure don't want a $1K store credit with them. What would tPF do?:confused1:

I dealt with them through ebay. I bought 2 items. One I was not satisfied with, and I received a refund. Saying that, I would not buy any item from anyone who did not send me the photos I wanted.

KTScrlet- thanks for responding, thats what I was thinking too, I mean if I wanted to make $900 it'd be worth spending 5 minutes taking a couple of pics on my digital camera.

Oh well. Guess I'll keep looking.

I bought a vintage Gucci from the website and love it. I'm waiting for another bag to arrive next week from fashionphile. The Gucci bag I bought from the website came with a security tag (similiar to Bluefly) and if you are not happy with the bag you can return it within 4-5 days (I can't remeber exact time frame) if the tag is not removed. I think you have to notify them that you are sending it back but you should Check their ebay auction return policy.

I assume you're talking about Fashionphile's website, and not their listings on ebay? There is an "enlarge" underneath the top picture that you can click for each item. Underneath the top picture, there are generally other pictures. If you move the mouse over the one that you want to see, the top picture will change, and then you can click "enlarge."

I have purchased from FashionPhile twice and been satisfied both times. Their descriptions are very accurate. And like titania mentioned you can enlarge the photos. With that being said if you are not comfortable purchasing the item based on the pics you've seen, then you shouldn't go through with the purchase.

I have sold a few bags through fashionphile. I have not bought from them. I can tell you that they are very fussy about what they take and very knowledgeable. If I liked a bag on their website, I would not hesitate to buy it.
If you want to know about the return policy, email them and ask them. They are very helpful.

Yes- I was talking about the website- I did click the enlarge button, but the largest image was only around 350 px or so, and I was unable to get an idea how bad the spots on the bag were.

Yes- I was talking about the website- I did click the enlarge button, but the largest image was only around 350 px or so, and I was unable to get an idea how bad the spots on the bag were.

Maybe they didn't realize you already tried to enlarge it and that's why you were referred back to the website. Try asking again and explain that, and ask how noticeable are the spots? I haven't bought anything from them, but I have sold with them, and they have always been very professional and nice. If you buy from the website, returns are allowed (see below), but I'm not sure if you buy from them through ebay.

Return Policy

If you are not satisfied with your items, you may return it for a refund within 5 days of the date received with the security tag attached. In order to avoid unnecessary returns, please read the description and view the photos carefully, especially noting the size of the items and any flaws. Of course, for authenticity- full refund including shipping both ways- no questions asked (although, you just aren’t going to need this one-- we only sell the real deal!).

I wrote back to them explaining I needed a larger pic, and asking about the return policy but I haven't heard back from them yet- Thanks for your advice, ladies!

I agree, I rather pay the higher prices from Fashionphile or Ann's and rest easy, than hunt for a better deal on my own and take my chances that the item is not described accurately or a fake. After joining this forum and reading the ebay section, I no longer buy expensive items from ebay, just too risky.