What do we think of Cynthia Rowley handbags?

Gwendolyn

Aug 8, 2008
Thoughts opinions? I really like a tote of hers that's I'm contemplating buying for work. I love the style of it and I like that it's a reasonable price (under $500 anyway). I have never purchased one of her handbags before and quality comes first for me so I'd love to hear any opinions and thoughts you guys might have.

I dont own any but I recently saw a black CR in Nordies and it was absolutely gorgeous! The leather and detailing was amazing!!! Which one are you considering? Post a picture if possible! :tup:

I was at TJ Maxx last night. They had a beautiful Cynthia Rowley for $199.00!, the retail was $425.00. (I wish I remembered the name) I loved the color and the style, but.. when I tryed it on it seemed too heavy for me. I know the weight of a bag is an issue for me.

I have one of her bags and I love it! I've had it for a couple of years and it looks great. I carry this one a lot too. The leather is amazing...rich, smooth, thick and chewy! It has a chain strap and it is a bit heavy but it's a great bag!

Attachments

• Cynthia Rowley....JPG
    Cynthia Rowley....JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 883
I think I saw the same bag that you did. It was gorgeous but quite large and pricey for TJM. I can't remember if I tried it on or not (I've seen it a few times) but it *looks* heavy to me. If it got marked down I probably would have considered it but I think last time I was there it was gone. Phew...

I was at TJ Maxx last night. They had a beautiful Cynthia Rowley for $199.00!, the retail was $425.00. (I wish I remembered the name) I loved the color and the style, but.. when I tryed it on it seemed too heavy for me. I know the weight of a bag is an issue for me.

I saw some Cynthia Rowley at my TJM, probably the same one you did! And I saw one at Off 5th that my mother had to DRAG me away from - it was gorgeous!

I'd like to hear some more opinions of those that have one IRL as I find myself tempted by this designer too :P

I have a black Cynthia Rowley drawstring hobo. The leather is smooshy and wonderful... falls into a puddle when I put it down. I think the quality is great and I don't feel I have to baby it. Some of her bags can be quite stunning!

Awesome! Thanks so much for replying guys!

This is the bag I was thinking about getting for work: http://www.shopbop.com/lilian-tote-...64.htm?folderID=2534374302024667&extid=affprg

I really want a "big" bag and according to those measurements, it seems like the perfect size. It also looks comfy and squishy which I love, and the black one would be perfect for work since I wouldn't have to be worrying about what I set it down in.

I'm going through some of her bags for the first time though, so I keep finding others I like as well. This one is also quite nice and just what I'm looking for: http://www.shopbop.com/lydia-patent...htm?folderID=2534374302052469&fm=browse-brand

The only other brands I'm looking at besides her, are Kooba, Botkier, and Gryson since I can find similar styles around the same price (on sale).

Oooh this bag's kind of awesome too: http://www.shopbop.com/new-survivor...79.htm?folderID=2534374302106957&extid=affprg

So far her bags have fit the "style" for work that I'm after most so I'm really leaning toward her, but I've heard great things about the other brands, and I also have a thing for "Italian made" handbags. Where are her handbags made anyway? lol I'm sure someone here knows. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I think that's the same bag isn't it? Just a different color? The more I look at that the more I like it. It IS really interesting looking, and I kind of have a thing for pockets. All of my other bags are all so classic and simplistic, all the weird pockets and it being patent leather kind of stands out, in a positive way I think. Those pockets would be kinda handy for work as well lol.

I work in retail so it's not like I'm forced to be professional or wear a certain ensemble. I'm strictly looking for something I like that's big, black, and good quality. :P

(BTW, I mean it's the same bag as the one I posted because I wasn't sure if you were saying that that bag resembles a bag you have or that you were saying the bag I found is also at Nordstrom in a different color. Does that make sense? lol)