Authenticate This Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Hyacinth!! I despreately want a scarf print bag, I think this came out in 2006? But I'm not 100% sure anyways I found these on bay. Are they real? The one thing that throws me with the first is the patch on the outside(2nd bag listing has it too?)? I have a really bad memory but is that typical, especially for smaller bags in each coach line? TIA still learning the ins and outs, so any pointers and tips to look for is very very much appreciated.:smile: Also if I remember right(theres that memeory again lol) not all smaller bags(wristlets etc) have a creed on the indside like the bigger bags do? Is that right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/COACH-SCARF-PRI...39:2|66:3|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTH-COACH-SIGN...39:2|66:3|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-COACH-SCARF...39:2|66:3|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Sorry for all the ?'s but thank you so much for all the help!:smile:

Hi,

can someone help to authenticate this scribble tote? Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC07064.JPG
    DSC07064.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC07063.JPG
    DSC07063.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC07067.JPG
    DSC07067.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC07068.JPG
    DSC07068.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC07069.JPG
    DSC07069.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 30
This bag has a Costa Rica Creed -- fake?

Thanks so much

I'm pretty sure there are bags that are/were made in Costa Rica, as for authenticity, I know nothing.
Most bags are now made in China, though.

I agree - Coach did make bags in Costa Rica. I have a Classic Legacy Zip from 2002 that was made there.

Do you have a photo or an auction number?

:smile:

Last edited:
Ok, I saw this bag originally returned to my local Coach Outlet store and I had reservations about it because even the SA's thought the bag looked fake, I mean who still has their bag with receipt after 10 yrs? to return?
So I saw it being returned, thought the sewing on the creed looked bad, and didn't get it.

I saw it yesterday while at the outlet and the SA said if I get it, and it's not authentic just bring it back, as they DID sell it to me, just don't remove the tags or anything.

Here's what I got, any ideas on authenticity? There is no YKK on the zippers, and the snaps don't have anything to indicate Coach's stamp on them.

Attachments

• P8200004a.JPG
    P8200004a.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 42
  • P8200006a.JPG
    P8200006a.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 42
  • P8200013a.JPG
    P8200013a.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 50
Ok, I saw this bag originally returned to my local Coach Outlet store and I had reservations about it because even the SA's thought the bag looked fake, I mean who still has their bag with receipt after 10 yrs? to return?
So I saw it being returned, thought the sewing on the creed looked bad, and didn't get it.

I saw it yesterday while at the outlet and the SA said if I get it, and it's not authentic just bring it back, as they DID sell it to me, just don't remove the tags or anything.

Here's what I got, any ideas on authenticity? There is no YKK on the zippers, and the snaps don't have anything to indicate Coach's stamp on them.

Hi,

This is so weird. I have that same bag. It's a Sonoma Drawstring (Natural Grain) Pebbled Leather from 1998. I know they were "faked", so wait for other opinions, but it looks just like mine.

That Sonoma pebbled leather wears like iron and the only care they need is to be wiped off with a damp cloth (NO CONDITIONER).

Let me see if I can find my photos AND figure out how to post them. I've never posted pictures before.

Hi,

This is so weird. I have that same bag. It's a Sonoma Drawstring (Natural Grain) Pebbled Leather from 1998. I know they were "faked", so wait for other opinions, but it looks just like mine.

That Sonoma pebbled leather wears like iron and the only care they need is to be wiped off with a damp cloth (NO CONDITIONER).

Let me see if I can find my photos AND figure out how to post them. I've never posted pictures before.

Thanks Dem. Don't want to de-tag it till I'm sure it's valid. I might need to take additional pictures of the mag. snaps too if it helps, but how do I know if the SA said that the other higher up managers in the back that were there also looked at it and approved it?:shrugs:

Thanks Dem. Don't want to de-tag it till I'm sure it's valid. I might need to take additional pictures of the mag. snaps too if it helps, but how do I know if the SA said that the other higher up managers in the back that were there also looked at it and approved it?:shrugs:

OK, I give up on posting pictures. :cursing: I'll have to do some more reading.

The creed on my bag looks just like yours - Made in 1998 in Costa Rica also.

Sonomas ARE very plain and except for the hangtag there isn't much to identify them as "Coach". (I do have a Sonoma Satchel with a top zipper and the zipper pull has the word COACH on it, but that's it).

It is really odd for someone to return a 10 year old bag. I'm surprised Coach allowed the return.

Some Coach sales people have no clue on older bags, but if that has tags on you would think at least they would recognize their own tags.

Hope someone can tell you for sure, but it looks good to me.:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.