Has this happened to your cles? Brass chipping off...

john_satc

Jan 21, 2008
Okay so I noticed the other day that the golden brass on my damier cles is chipping off! Im talling about the zipper puller, I can quite clearly see the metal underneath the platting. Unfortunately my camera is not of good enough quality, so I cannot get a clear photo.

But has this happened to anyone else? It makes me cles look fake! I was planning on taking it in to LV next time I'm in, but wanted some reassurance before hand. Cheers!

It has happened to mine too. I get a lot of use from it. I guess it was bound to happen.

Mine is only 6 months old, so I wouldn't expect this so soon. I am disappointed, I totally get that this would happen, as it comes with me everywhere I go, but seriously, this shouldn't be happening after only 6 months.

John

My zippy also only 6 months...and I am bring it back to LV for a check..see pics :sad: I find that mine is peeling off and not tarnishing per se.

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,291
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,276
I have that issue with mine too...and I brought it to the attention of a SA, and they mentioned that it's part of wear and tear, and it's not part of the warranty.

Yeah it is exactly like that, thanks for putting the photos on. Though tbh I think mine is worse than that.

I brought mine back today. They claim they will check it and give me an answer in 14 days. I think I am no more fan of the zippy and I am also very worried about my bags because they all have the same type of zipper pull :sad:

I'm so glad that I found this thread. I have a cherry blossom pochette that I love but the brass has chipped off of the zipper pull. It's really disappointing, I was hoping that it would not be considered just wear and tear. :sad: