Is DH right?

Alexsma

Jul 29, 2008
Last night I unveiled this past weekend’s purchase to my DH. A Coach Signature Scarf Print Swingpack, purchased last Saturday afternoon at the Macy’s one day sale.
He teased me with needing a 12 step program since it’s been less than a month since I got my first piece and I am up to 4 now!
This is my first Swingpack and I love it! It was perfect to wear to the fair for keeping just the essentials and my hands free.

Congrats on your purchases!! Welcome to the addiction!!!

Hey, the first step toward recovery is always admitting you have a problem! :P Is recovery possible?? In my case, not yet, but I keep trying!! ;)

As long as you spend within your means, you should be fine. Everyone has some sort of vice whether they tell you they do or not. With guys it's usually gadgets or cars, and some people blow a LOT of money IMO on many things which I personally think are ridiculous. To each his own is the way I look at it, and as long as it doesn't become a real problem, then I say totally enjoy yourself!! :tup:

I know he is just teasing me, plus I can always bring up all the fishing rods/duck decoys he has gotten lately. When I can home on Saturday he had gotten another dozen duck decoys so I don't feel any guilt at all.

My FH just looks at me and shakes his head. I told him that as long as my bills were paid and I work for my money, I can spend it as I see fit. I know once we get married, I'm going to have to be more frugal, but until then, SHOW ME THE BAGS!

DH and I were just joking about this. A year ago on the 17th (my birthday) I bought my first Coach on eBay. I never dreamed I'd ever really own a Coach bag and since then I've had 7 bags (ergo scarf hobo, Whiskey Ali, 2 black med ergo hobos, another whiskey Ali, Med tattersall tote, Med Chocolate Carly), a tattersall swingpack, the tattersall mini skinny, my flower coin purse, turtle keyfob, watermelon keyfob, pink ponytail scarf. I've sold a lot of things to either buy other bags or just because I didn't love what I had lol. It's quit addicting but like many have said you start to think "OMG $298 for that? What a deal!!!!" LOL.

I'm wanting a new bag right now but I think it might be better to get some accessories. I just think "why buy all those accessories when I can just buy a bag". I haven't seen too many bags I like lately though. Ali has spoiled me lol.

LOL...I'd never attend my CA (Coach Anon) meetings as I don't want to be cured! I'd rather carry the bag than the coin in this case! ") You ladies are making me want to keep my bags instead of sell after I slow down on carrying them! LOL!!!

Well, it starts with the purse...then you need to have accessories, then you go through the "OOOH Wouldn't that look cute on my bag?" phase...And while you're browsing for that, you see another bag...and another...and another...

Then you discover outlets, PCEs, other sales etc.

sigh. Do what I do, blame it on sports! Sports occupy their time, so purse hunting/shopping/obsessing is what occupies yours :biggrin:

It is seriously addicting! I agree with baglady39, spend within your means. And, limit your time on tPF! I had to stop looking at it because I was spending too much time on it. I've been on it a lot tonight, and am thinking maybe I need to limit myself to 30 min a day. I cannot wait to go to the Coach outlet this weekend!!!

It is seriously addicting! I agree with baglady39, spend within your means. And, limit your time on tPF! I had to stop looking at it because I was spending too much time on it. I've been on it a lot tonight, and am thinking maybe I need to limit myself to 30 min a day. I cannot wait to go to the Coach outlet this weekend!!!

Okay, this is too funny because I have also been thinking for the last two days that I should start limiting my TPF time to one hour per day...it's like I'm having to apply the techniques I use as a counselor on myself when it comes to Coach! BTW, I fell off the wagon big time...it's been 3 hours on and off and counting :shame:...tick tock...