ebay news: NYTimes article on changes to be announced today

If any of you here are eBay sellers you know that eBay intentionally modified fee structures and feedback options in such a way that they intentionally brought about the decrease in business and sales that they are now using to justify the changes to their selling format. They knew exactly what they were doing when they did it and anyone who thinks otherwise, well, I have a really cheap-looking "authentic" LV bag I'd like to sell you. It's insulting to their experienced sellers, who also don't happen to be high volume sellers, just how stupid they think we are.

I know that many people make a good living selling on eBay and for that reason only I do hope that eBay remains successful. At the same time, they have been so dishonest with both their sellers and buyers that, as for me, they have permanently lost a very good customer. I work pretty darn hard for the money I earn and I am particular about where and with whom I spend it; eBay won't be an option for me any more.

If any of you here are eBay sellers you know that eBay intentionally modified fee structures and feedback options in such a way that they intentionally brought about the decrease in business and sales that they are now using to justify the changes to their selling format. They knew exactly what they were doing when they did it and anyone who thinks otherwise, well, I have a really cheap-looking "authentic" LV bag I'd like to sell you. It's insulting to their experienced sellers, who also don't happen to be high volume sellers, just how stupid they think we are.

I know that many people make a good living selling on eBay and for that reason only I do hope that eBay remains successful. At the same time, they have been so dishonest with both their sellers and buyers that, as for me, they have permanently lost a very good customer. I work pretty darn hard for the money I earn and I am particular about where and with whom I spend it; eBay won't be an option for me any more.

:goodpost:

"As for Auction-style listings, we've decided not to make any changes. We believe this format is already a good deal, especially when you list with a low start price. Auctions will always have a place on eBay – they are a proven way for sellers to get the best value for their unique items, and they continue to receive significant exposure in search as they are sorted primarily based on time ending soonest."

- Lorrie Norrington

OK, first, these articles make it sound like they are getting rid of auction styled listings all together, but Miss Norrington states (above) that there "will always be a place for auctions on eBay." Hmmm....

Which is it???