Help! 20-something job interview/Chanel in the workplace: Chanel or NOT to Chanel?

I try not to carry a bag - just a portfolio. But if I do carry a bag, it is a small understated LV (not the canvas but the epi leather in neutral color for keys and stuff). The funny thing though is at my last interview, the interviewer loved my portfolio .. said it remined her of Chanel. It just happened to be quilted but I got it at Staples or somewhere.

Yeah ..they still have this type of this co-worker ,Boss, Professor ,etc..that always give a bad impression on the LOGO bag. It'd be nice if those people were only "trivial matter" ....Seems in your work they are not ,according to your Uncle react to LV.

So choose it wise --> Job or no job?

I have had these experiences too , my last work they 're all crazy ,always criticism --> LV , Chanel , make up ..etc.and I think that's also why I can't continue more with the nearow -mind type.
But mine now is ok ,they 've never make bad talk about my bag.

it's funny that we're talking about the muse...b/c the other day a woman in her early to mid 20s came into the office with a gorgeous deep red muse for her interview...she looked very cute, polished, and fashionable :smile:

ITA with just about everything everyone has said so far.

First off, you want them to remember YOU---your personality and skills. You don't want them remembering you as the girl with the expensive Chanel bag. It distracts away from your qualities and qualifications, IMO.

Also, if there are any women interviewing you/observing you that have a say in whether or not you are chosen that could be a bad thing if you're wearing Chanel. Women tend to be very judgmental, moreso than men, and a lot of time a little jealousy comes into play.

IMO, sacrifice being fashionable and carrying a chic Chanel during an interview.

ITA with just about everything everyone has said so far.

First off, you want them to remember YOU---your personality and skills. You don't want them remembering you as the girl with the expensive Chanel bag. It distracts away from your qualities and qualifications, IMO.

Also, if there are any women interviewing you/observing you that have a say in whether or not you are chosen that could be a bad thing if you're wearing Chanel. Women tend to be very judgmental, moreso than men, and a lot of time a little jealousy comes into play.

IMO, sacrifice being fashionable and carrying a chic Chanel during an interview.

Well said, especially the part about women being judgmental. You're a wise teen!

I would only carry a portfolio into the interview. I never bring a purse.
I don't even wear my wedding set b/c I don't want it to be something that is noticed during the interview.
Once you get the position though, you can and should wear whatever you like.

A few years ago when I use to use LV, I went to a interview and the purse I was using was the Manhattan bag and I used a LV document holder. The person that interviewed me, made a comment that she loved my bag and talked to me for a good five minutes about hand bags... I answered what ever she asked me, but did not add more, I was not Kurt, I was friendly, but did not want my interview be about purses, she in the end of the interview offered me the job and explain, I like how you handle the conversation about designer handbags and did not make a longer conversation then needed and allowed her to end the conversation. So it was a ice breaker for me, because I was a bit nervous, she later advised me 2 years later, she thought I was a spoiled brat @ first, but how I did not dwell about it and discuss how big of a handbag collection I had and etc. on materialistic items, it lead her to just judge me on my experience and education.... So if your possible future co workers are paid @ a level that designer handbags would be common, I say why not, but if the company is not a high paying place were designer handbags would be common, don't take any bag, just a portfolio holder for your resume...