Torn...should I sell my 30 cm Gold Togo Birkin?

I'm confused what size Birkin you bought exactly, a 30 or 35?

That said, call up the store or go there right away and discuss with the store what your options you have. The longer you wait, the harder it will be for them to do something for you. I don't think you should keep a bag you are not sure about, especially considering this is your first H bag.

I'm assuming your probably mean you bought the 30 and 35 was a typo. I've never heard anyone saying a 35 was too small unless they wanted a really big Birkin!

Whatever it is, if you do not like it, call the store ASAP and explain the situation to them. 8k+ is a significant purchase and you should be truly happy with you bought. Ask them to search for a bigger size for you. Hopefully it's a 35 you need - Gold 35's are not that hard to come by - and they can just issue a store credit and call you when the bigger bag arrives.

HTH. Good luck!

Rant warning! The very first time I ever walked into an Hermes store was two weeks ago and I was seduced by a 35cm gold birkin with PH..the only birkin in the entire store. It is rare to have more than 1 or 2 at a time at this particular location. Oh yeah...I live in Canada. But I realized it is too small for my daily items but by not doing my research I bought one smaller for my taste. I'm past the due date for returns but I haven't carried it once and the stickies are still on. But then this location never gets anything?
Should I sell or keep ladies I'm torn?

ladyluv: what location?

I find that if you have truly not used the bag and all the plastic is on it, your store will accept the bag for a store credit. I am curious why you would buy a bag that did not suit your needs? You were in the boutique no? I can understand if you are purchasing from a reseller and don't have access to physically play with the bag, but once you have it in hand, I think it's pretty clear whether the bag is big enough or not. If it's a 30cm, get a 35cm. If it's a 35cm, then you are going to need a mongo 40cm, which is probably more of a travel bag and not a daily bag. Were you intending on using this as a travel bag? Gold is an easy color to come by. Your boutique should have no problem getting one for you in a 35cm. Good luck.

LadyLuv, reading from your post, it seems you took home the 30cm instead of 35cm gold combination birkin. Probably, you like the overall aesthetic design and proportions of the 30cm over the 35cm equivalent.

Personally, I think a 30cm would be nice to have. Since it is smaller than a 35cm, it will also be lighter which is a plus especially on weekends when you will be carrying and using your birkin. The smallest birkin I have is only in the 35cm size. After an hour or two of holding it by the hand, you could definitely feel the weight of the bag itself making you want to leave it back in the trunk of the car instead. Weight wise, the 30 cm will be lighter even with your personal stuff in it. I think the many pleasures we get from owning a beautiful bag like a birkin should not be limited to just the aesthetics but as well as to the comfort of using it. Given the 30cm is lighter than the 35cm, I think in the long run, the 30cm will be more comfortable and a pleasure to carry all day. In the long run, it will be good for your arm and back alignment.

You will never know if the 30cm will work for you until you try it on and use it for a couple of days.

I find that if you have truly not used the bag and all the plastic is on it, your store will accept the bag for a store credit. I am curious why you would buy a bag that did not suit your needs? You were in the boutique no? I can understand if you are purchasing from a reseller and don't have access to physically play with the bag, but once you have it in hand, I think it's pretty clear whether the bag is big enough or not. If it's a 30cm, get a 35cm. If it's a 35cm, then you are going to need a mongo 40cm, which is probably more of a travel bag and not a daily bag. Were you intending on using this as a travel bag? Gold is an easy color to come by. Your boutique should have no problem getting one for you in a 35cm. Good luck.

This has happend to me too with my rose dragee.

I bough it and left it in the box. I think sometimes it happends,you love it, but than you realize the size/color is just not for you :smile:

that's hard to say! i think unless you absolutely feel you can't do with it, then you should try to return it. but...you never know. you could get a 35 eventually and think "what if i could get a 30?"

bottom line, if you don't like it, don't keep it.

Canada only has a couple of H locations and they all get Birkins periodically. If the bag is truly unused, you can contact the manager and see if they will make an exception and give you store credit. A gold 30 or 35 (your post and title make it confusing) are an easy sell.