Seller not giving feedback?

karester

O.G.
Jul 12, 2008
I have a couple items that I've yet to receive feedback on from sellers. Granted they are from only a couple of weeks ago, but is it rude to ask for feedback especially when I gave them a positive one? Or do some sellers just not give feedback?

Some sellers don't leave feedback right away either because they only do it once in a while, you can check their habit by clicking on the feedbacks they left to others. It could also be because they're currently on vacation. I usually leave feedbacks to my buyers same day they do for me; but last month I was away me for several weeks so they got their feedbacks only when I was back. And some RUDE sellers "pick" the ones they want to leave feedback cos they're "too busy" as they have thousands of feedbacks and just do not care. I have had several sellers who never left me feedback! :tdown:

I don't leave feedback until after the seller leaves it for me. I'm from the school that thinks the seller should leave fb for the buyer as soon as payment is received, this is the buyer's part.

Are you trying to build your feedback? If so, I would do as Miss H suggested and check fb the seller has left for others to figure out the timeframe. You can also email the seller and ask nicely if she would mind leaving fb as you're trying to increase your score.

Yeah, I'm trying to build my feedback. I did what Miss H suggested and you're right, they must do it all at once. So I will wait a little while longer before I do anything. Thanks for the help!

Some Sellers leave feedback in batches, especially if they sell a lot of things. So be patient, but I don't think it's a good idea to e-mail them about it, as feedback is totally voluntary. They might get snappy and say you're on Ebay to buy, not to collect feedback (although you do need good feedback to gain trust)...I know of a few Sellers who get irritated if buyers message them about it. It's okay if they don't give you feedback...just keep buying and eventually you'll build up.

email them - I've had buyers do this. Sometimes sellers just forget - especially if you've had a lot of sales around that time.
You did it for them - the least they can do is spend a couple of seconds doing it for you ;)

I always contact them through ebay to let them know I received the item and have left them positive feedback. I have never had a seller not leave me feedback after that (sometimes sellers don't check right away to see if you've left them feedback to return the favor, especially if they sell a lot, so contacting them is always a good idea imo).

Many sellers are boycotting feedback. When eBay took away the ability to leave negative feedback it make feedback worthless to anyone other than the recipient.

For example, the buyer who bid on and did not pay for my Chanel bag two weeks ago still has 100% positive feedback. I was able to win back my FVF fees and she has an invisible-to-others NPB strike, but to anyone looking at her feedback, she's 100% positive. I was never given the option to publicly state that she didn't pay me or leave negative feedback because negative feedback for buyers no longer exists, even though very negative buyers still exist.

Sorry you are on the receiving end of this. Your seller may be someone who leaves feedback in groups at set intervals or may wait for your feedback first, but you may also never receive feedback at all.

I had this happen to me about 3 months ago. I purchased a necklace from a seller, and when I received it, it arrived broken (it was all turquoise). I was so angry but I was very nice when I left them an e-mail explaining the problem. He was very nice and friendly and advised that I ship back immediately, and as soon as he receives it, he will immediately send me out a replacement—I also said that I should have my return shipping fees refunded because it is not my fault that the necklace arrived broken and I had to ship back to him. He agreed.

However, once I received the replacement, it was in excellent condition, but completely forgot about the "promise" he made about refunding my S&H fees (back to him), so I left positive feedback right away. Well, the schmuck never left me feedback and never refunded my shipping fees.

I even contacted him a month later and asked why he hasn't left me feedback, especially in light of the situation? Not only did he never respond, but he never left me FB (maybe to be spiteful???). So now, I will NEVER, EVER purchase anything from him again, even though his CS was good, he went back on his word and never left me FB. I think that's crap, IMO.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I also checked his FB activity that he left for others, and he was VERY consistent on leaving FB for other buyers, just not me. :sad:

Many sellers are boycotting feedback. When eBay took away the ability to leave negative feedback it make feedback worthless to anyone other than the recipient.

For example, the buyer who bid on and did not pay for my Chanel bag two weeks ago still has 100% positive feedback. I was able to win back my FVF fees and she has an invisible-to-others NPB strike, but to anyone looking at her feedback, she's 100% positive. I was never given the option to publicly state that she didn't pay me or leave negative feedback because negative feedback for buyers no longer exists, even though very negative buyers still exist.

Sorry you are on the receiving end of this. Your seller may be someone who leaves feedback in groups at set intervals or may wait for your feedback first, but you may also never receive feedback at all.

But that doesn't make any sense because why punich a good buyer?
Also - ebay doesn't care if you boycott FB so how would that help anything?

But that doesn't make any sense because why punich a good buyer?
Also - ebay doesn't care if you boycott FB so how would that help anything?

Maybe eBay doesn't care if sellers boycott feedback, but eBay does care what their buyers think. I believe the goal is that buyers will complain to eBay that sellers won't leave feedback, thus, eBay gets the message that sellers are unhappy with the current system. Some agree, some don't, but it is what is happening.

100% of buyers can only have 100% positive feedback - why do buyers need feedback anymore anyway since there is only one kind now - positive???

Maybe eBay doesn't care if sellers boycott feedback, but eBay does care what their buyers think. I believe the goal is that buyers will complain to eBay that sellers won't leave feedback, thus, eBay gets the message that sellers are unhappy with the current system. Some agree, some don't, but it is what is happening.

100% of buyers can only have 100% positive feedback - why do buyers need feedback anymore anyway since there is only one kind now - positive???
True, Its positive or nothing now.