birkin in your hotel room

MissMargaux

TooMuchTrouble
O.G.
Aug 17, 2008
Ok, I have a question, when you travel what do you do with your Birkin or Kelly if you change bags?

Usually I lock mine in my suitcase but hubby says they can either break the lock or just steak the suitcase if they think it's valuables in there, which is good point,

what do you do with your bags? I know it's a 5 star hotel but that doesn't mean nothing bad can happen

thanks

I take all my bags, what I take for a trip, with me wherever I go(:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao: )if they are exotics. And put them in a trunk and lock the car...never leave exotics in Hotel room. But I have left leather Birkins in a hotel room before.

A fellow poster in another forum had her expensive bag stolen from her room at a 5 star hotel. I would either take one bag only and use it daily, or, lock the second bag in the hotel safe.

I am currently staying in a hotel and unfortunately one of my new purchases have gone missing. The good thing is that it wasn't my birkin. I have mine stored in my locked suitcase. I can't fit it into the safe box. If I could I would lol

I thought about this when I went on vacation on a cruise recently. I took a garden party for shopping and a picotin for everyday. Left my more expensive items at home.

I did have a box of 2 birkins stolen along with LV's, Chanels etc when I moved a year ago. Did not miss them until a month later. I thought of moving my expensive stereo equipment in our personal van, but did not think the moving men would be interested in my bags- big mistake!
They do not leave my site in the next move!

I am currently staying in a hotel and unfortunately one of my new purchases have gone missing. The good thing is that it wasn't my birkin. I have mine stored in my locked suitcase. I can't fit it into the safe box. If I could I would lol
omg, Rouge, so sorry this happend to you.

If I travel with my Hermes I take only one.

But I mostly travel with Vuitton.

It should be fine to live in your suitcase lock.

Last edited:
Oh my this is not encouraging. the evening bag is not an H, it's a Prada, not a cheap price but I could deal. The problem comes into with the Birken and the Evelyne.

I travel with my Birkin, I think it's the best bag for travel. Normally I do only take one bag, but it's a heavy bag and I have a back issue so for a lot of walking I thought I'd wear a messanger style which enables me to walk more pain free. So while I can go shopping with the Birkin on sighseeing days or when I do my hot air balloon ride, I would prefer to use the Evelyne.

I won't have a car all the time, to lock it in and to be honest, not sure if the trunk is safe. Hubby says not to leave stuff in a car in Paris.

I'm at the Georges V in Paris. Bordeaux I'm in the "country" but it's a Relais-Chateau

I can't put the DND sign on the door, I need the bed made, lol. I do that often for the turndown service but not in the am. I guess I'll try to lock it in my suitcase.

If I move, I will take my bags with me. I would never trust them to a moving company, not just theaft, a friend moved and the moving truck caught fire, she lost everything in the truck. Even with insurance, there are somet things that can't be replaced.

The hotel will have a larger safe down by the reception desk that you can lock bigger items in. Just ask and they will give you a receipt ticket to claim it with when you want to take it out. No need to risk leaving it in the hotel room. Enjoy!