mismatched pair of uggs--both authentic, or one fake?

donald

Jan 14, 2008
i bought a pair of ugg kids classic online and the left and right boot are very different. the left boot has smooth, thick, plush lining that shines. i love how the lining feels, and the boot fits snug. the right boot has rougher, thinner, less comfortable lining that's dull. this boot feels "cheap" and it fits much looser than the left one. although both colors are "chocolate", the shade is slightly different--especially noticeable at the heel.

my black classic tall from last year from nordstrom is closer to the texture of the right pair (i think--not 100% sure, they're in storage right now). my replacement pair is arriving tomorrow, so i hope those match! i really want to know if one boot is fake, or i just happened to get a mismatched pair from different batches.

i think the pictures clearly show how different the boots are! any input is appreciated. thanks:smile:
25hpe1c.jpg

oj0zue.jpg

sorry, the flash was really strong!

I think they've just used different panels for the cut of the shoe so it's been mistmatched - or as meggy suggested perhaps one was a display since the trim has a different colour too from your photos. Don't think it's a fake though.

if you don't mind me asking, where did you get them?

i purchased them from zappos.com. i don't think it was a display pair since they're an online retailer. i guess they were just mismatched but i was surprised they felt so different.

they sent me a replacement pair overnight and the new boots are so much better. they match perfectly and i'm happy:tup:

oh if they are from Zappos I highly doubt they were on display like you said. Zappos has such great customer service though so I'm glad they sent you another pair!