Is the Speedy 40 appropriate to use as a hangdbag?

petunia12

O.G.
Feb 18, 2008
Hello everyone...

I need some advice please.... I am planning to buy the speedy 40 and use it for weekend trips. However, I was just wondering if the speedy 40 would be appropriate to use as an every day handbag as well. I didn't find a thread on this. I thought I can ask our lovely tpf members for help. :idea:

What are your thoughts? Anyone who has the speedy 40, can you please post action pics? I really appreciate it. Thank you!!

Last edited:
Hello everyone...

I need some advice please.... I am planning to buy the speedy 40 and use it for weekend trips. However, I was just wondering if the speedy 40 would be appropriate to use as an every day handbag as well.

What are your thoughts? Anyone who has the speedy 40, can you please post action pics? Thank you!!

I love the Speedy 40 for a handbag...I had it but took it back because I knew I could get it anytime and I needed the money for something else.

I saw a lady carrying it in the LV store and it looked great!

I love the Speedy 40 for a handbag...I had it but took it back because I knew I could get it anytime and I needed the money for something else.

I saw a lady carrying it in the LV store and it looked great!

Really! Wow.. that's awesome. I tried it on the other day and thought maybe I can get away with carrying it as an every day handbag. I normally carry medium size bags. I guess it's a personal preference. Thanks for you advice!

:P
Really! Wow.. that's awesome. I tried it on the other day and thought maybe I can get away with carrying it as an every day handbag. I normally carry medium size bags. I guess it's a personal preference. Thanks for you advice!

Just another note...The lady that was carrying the 40 size said her hubby bought it for her and she took it back only to find she liked the 40 better. But hers was really slouchy and you really couldn't tell if it was a 35 or 40.
Also, there is someone on the celebrity thread wearing one I think or some thread I remember seeing...Just for some added info. :yes:

It is not so great as a handbag. I own the Speedy 35 and that tends to be very heavy...I can only imagine what the Speedy 40 is like.

Question: How tall are you?

I'm 5'5". I agree with the heaviness of the bag when a person carries too much. May I ask what items do you normally carry inside your speedy 35? Thanks.

Maybe not. It might be uncomfortable for an everyday. You should get it if you travel a lot and light because its space is very convenient!

If you want an every day bag, the 25, 30, and 35 are fine.