So my aunt and uncle had a garage sale this weekend

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
I brought some DVDs that I wanted to sell.

Afterwards, I was looking through everything earmarked for Good Will. I was thumbing through some old records and I came across this:

001-6.jpg

Unbelievably I found myself questioning whether or not I wanted it.

My reasons for eventually taking it were threefold:

1) I had to rescue it.
2) I want to frame it and hang it on my wall.
3) It's Michael Freaking Jackson and that is an original 1982 vinyl record of Thriller.

Did I mention that this is Michael Jackson and that Thriller is one of the best damn albums out there?

(This is the fold-out front cover)
003-5.jpg

Imagine finding a vintage (*insert your favorite designer here*) catalog at a garage sale. Keep in mind that this is after the sale has ended, everyone else had gone home and you and your relatives are sorting throught the rest of the stuff.

This catalog ended up in a pile meant for Good Will.

Now, imagine someone telling you that you were welcome to take it.

That was the exact feeling I had after they said I could have the album.

Last edited:
The irony is that the illustration of Paul and Michael fighting over a girl should be them fighting over Beatles publishing....:lol:

Haha! I know! Right?

For the 25th Anniversary Edition, they kept the original track, but added a new version of the song done with will.i.am.

I have no interest in that.

Either completely cover it or sample it. But don't just add new vocals to a classic song.

Haha! I know! Right?

For the 25th Anniversary Edition, they kept the original track, but added a new version of the song done with will.i.am.

I have no interest in that.

Either completely cover it or sample it. But don't just add new vocals to a classic song.

I know. Its kinda like when they re-master classic albums on CD. The original recordings were just fine....

The irony is that the illustration of Paul and Michael fighting over a girl should be them fighting over Beatles publishing....:lol:

lol!

That's a damn good album! As a matter of fact I just put it on my iPod...My Dad has all the original vinyls of his as well, and a few cassettes, and even a video that is a compilation of all the music videos.

It's so funny because at the beginning of the video, it's a revealing of a giant MJ statue with fans screaming and passing out...nowadays, that just doesn't happen!

did they have any other vinyl? I have boxes and boxes of it. I don't think I will ever part with any of it.

LOL shoo...I have (no exageration) about 8 feet of vinyl that I have been toying with getting rid of for over 15 years...they remain boxed up and untouched from our move into this house. Ironically, we also now have over 300 CDs that I have been thinking of getting rid of, we never use them...they have all long since been converted to our Ipods, and I have them backed up on a spare HD.

I don't know why it is so hard to part with them.