The Lily vs the Mandy

abwd

Jul 25, 2008
Does anyone have both and could you share your thoughts? There is a beautiful black Mandy and a whiskey Mandy on e-bay and I am considering getting one. I also really love the Lily. Size-wise, they seem fairly similar. I may just go for the camel Lily and the black Mandy, but everyone says the Lily is so stunning with the hardware against the black.

Thoughts, comparisons? Should I get both? Should I try to wait for the Lily to hit the outlets? My outlet is 50 minutes away so I can't get there often and last time I was there they didn't have a great selection. Hmmmm. I wish I wasn't so indecisive. I am driving myself crazy!!!

My vote is for Mandy, mine is the perfect bag! I don't own a Lily, but I handled one in the store (assuming we are talking the XL Lily) and wouldn't use it as an every day bag. It's not easy to access the interior without undoing the turnlock leather flap and fumbling a bit, and the drop length was not comfortable on my larger 5'9" frame. The medium Lily was also uncomfortable for me to carry as far as drop length. The Lily is stunning for sure though, no argument from me on that!

Lily, I just like how the zipper is a complete closure.

:confused1: The Mandy has a complete zipper closure too.

I have a slightly biased opinion but I LOVE the Mandy. I like the Lily too but the Medium size doesn't fit easily over the shoulder. The Mandy has an adjustable strap. And the front pockets are great!

I own both and strongly prefer the Lily. The leather is the same, but IMO nothing can really beat the look of the Lily. I don't like how the Mandy slouches to look like a log on the shoulder...or at least my shoulder, lol! When it slouches, the dog leash clip kind of hangs funny and sometimes rattles. That part doesn't bother me, but I have a niece that hates the rattling, lol!

As for being practical, it depends on what you need. I personally don't have a problem putting the Lily on my shoulder as the straps are long enough, but yes, the Mandy strap is adjustable and longer if that's a concern. I also like the front pockets on the Mandy...that's very convenient! That part is a plus in my book. As for comfort, they are both smaller bags, but I always think it's easier to put (and keep) a single strap bag on my shoulder. I would overall rate the Mandy to be a more comfortable bag on the shoulder unless I happen to look at it and see the "log", lol!

I'll post side by side photos so that you can get an idea of size comparision.

I don't have modeling pics, but here are several "size comparison" photos... The Mandy is a bit wider than the Lily, and both are similar heights except that the Mandy does slouch down without the packing materials (both bags are stuffed). Really, either bag is a great choice, but I'm guessing for overall comfort, etc, the most practical bag is the Mandy...even though the Lily has the dual compartments which I (and my laptop) love! If your choice is based on looks, then the Lily has my vote!

Attachments

• lily mandy 1.jpg
    lily mandy 1.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 128
  • lily mandy 2.jpg
    lily mandy 2.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 91
  • lily mandy 3.jpg
    lily mandy 3.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 95
I don't have modeling pics, but here are several "size comparison" photos... The Mandy is a bit wider than the Lily, and both are similar heights except that the Mandy does slouch down without the packing materials (both bags are stuffed). Really, either bag is a great choice, but I'm guessing for overall comfort, etc, the most practical bag is the Mandy...even though the Lily has the dual compartments which I (and my laptop) love! If your choice is based on looks, then the Lily has my vote!

Perfect. Thanks for these comparison pics. Since I don't have the benefit of trying on the Mandy, this is exactly what I am looking for. So I am actually considering both (and probably will get both), but I am trying to figure out if I need to jump on the black Lily.. My boutique is holding the black Lily for me until I can stop by on Friday and I know there aren't many new ones around. I had planned on getting the Mandy first. I guess now I just need to decide if I want the Black Lily/Whiskey Mandy combo or the Camel Lily/Black Mandy combo.

Thanks again for taking the time to post the pics. These pics are so helpful!

Perfect. Thanks for these comparison pics. Since I don't have the benefit of trying on the Mandy, this is exactly what I am looking for. So I am actually considering both (and probably will get both), but I am trying to figure out if I need to jump on the black Lily.. My boutique is holding the black Lily for me until I can stop by on Friday and I know there aren't many new ones around. I had planned on getting the Mandy first. I guess now I just need to decide if I want the Black Lily/Whiskey Mandy combo or the Camel Lily/Black Mandy combo.

Thanks again for taking the time to post the pics. These pics are so helpful!

You're welcome sweetie! BTW, the camel Lily satchels have been at the outlets, and if they pull the remaning ones off the website, these will probably also end up there. If you have a close outlet or two, you could put your name on the client tracker list. There may be others in the queue that would get serviced first, but you can ask them how many are on the list. They can also check nationwide stock for you, and also "in transit" info. That's one way you could get the Mandy now and the Lily later, although it's true a lot of times the SAs will snag bags like this. I was offered a camel Lily at the outlet a couple of months back, though! I would say that the black is far less maintenance than the camel color, and the hardware really pops against the black! I think it is the prettier bag, and keep in mind I'm not a black leather fan. But with the Legacy leather and hardware, I actually want to carry a black bag!! It also scratches less. I do condition all of mine, though, and that helps in that regard. My Mandy is the whiskey color, so you can see how you like that color. I got it at the outlet for around $350 back months ago, and they have also had the white and natural at the outlets. So really, both are a possibility, but I almost believe that finding a Lily at the outlet is easier now than a Mandy just because the Mandys have already been at the outlets.

Good luck!!

You're welcome sweetie! BTW, the camel Lily satchels have been at the outlets, and if they pull the remaning ones off the website, these will probably also end up there. If you have a close outlet or two, you could put your name on the client tracker list. There may be others in the queue that would get serviced first, but you can ask them how many are on the list. They can also check nationwide stock for you, and also "in transit" info. That's one way you could get the Mandy now and the Lily later, although it's true a lot of times the SAs will snag bags like this. I was offered a camel Lily at the outlet a couple of months back, though! I would say that the black is far less maintenance than the camel color, and the hardware really pops against the black! I think it is the prettier bag, and keep in mind I'm not a black leather fan. But with the Legacy leather and hardware, I actually want to carry a black bag!! It also scratches less. I do condition all of mine, though, and that helps in that regard. My Mandy is the whiskey color, so you can see how you like that color. I got it at the outlet for around $350 back months ago, and they have also had the white and natural at the outlets. So really, both are a possibility, but I almost believe that finding a Lily at the outlet is easier now than a Mandy just because the Mandys have already been at the outlets.

Good luck!!

I will give my outlet a call today, but I haven't had very much luck there in the past. I think I am going to go for the black Lily (because I just think it is gorgeous and there are so few around I honestly don't mind paying full price for this) and then maybe the whiskey Mandy.

I will give my outlet a call today, but I haven't had very much luck there in the past. I think I am going to go for the black Lily (because I just think it is gorgeous and there are so few around I honestly don't mind paying full price for this) and then maybe the whiskey Mandy.

Many stores are offering the older Legacy line on PCE discount!! You should try to get them to give you the discount. If they won't then suggest for them to contact corporate and ask since so many stores are doing it. The thing is it seems to be variable from store to store, but really only the new line should be excluded. Good luck!

Many stores are offering the older Legacy line on PCE discount!! You should try to get them to give you the discount. If they won't then suggest for them to contact corporate and ask since so many stores are doing it. The thing is it seems to be variable from store to store, but really only the new line should be excluded. Good luck!

That would be nice if I actually got a PCE invitation.:tdown: I still can't figure out why I wouldn't have gotten one except that I moved two years ago and I have shopped both online and at 2-3 different boutiques in the area. and my husband has made some purchases for me. I never had heard of PCE until I started frequenting this forum.

That would be nice if I actually got a PCE invitation.:tdown: I still can't figure out why I wouldn't have gotten one except that I moved two years ago and I have shopped both online and at 2-3 different boutiques in the area. and my husband has made some purchases for me. I never had heard of PCE until I started frequenting this forum.

Supposedly you have to be on the client tracker list at the store and have the request promos box checked to "yes" in order to be eligible to receive them. Apparently they won't send them out unless that box is checked...or so I was told by a local store. I would just make nice with one SA in your area, and after that person gets to know you, the store will probably add you to their list. Some stores will also give it to you if you beg a bit. I was supposed to have gotten cards but again, none were delivered, but my SA just used a card she had. They have these cards in the back and could really send them out to you, so it really bugs me when they make such a big deal over it being a "corporate" thing. I mean it does originate from corporate, but each store has some flexibility...it's just a matter of what they choose to do. I hate the inconsistencies.