Okay Fine! Get Your Denim Baggy Filthy With Germs...'-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchiara

is really in love...
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
Akin, to the 'would you put your bag on top of a garbage can' thread, I can attest to some that just don't care.

I was sitting in my daughter's dentist office today and a very uh....'uptight' woman was sitting there engrossed in People magazine with her beautiful Denim Baggy PM sitting on the floor. Smack dab bloppy on the floor. She didn't flinch. I was sitting next to her and was in a good mood and said sort of really quietly and with some wit (behind a magazine of course, so no one would overheard me)...."you really shouldn't keep your bag on the floor...." and of course, saying this totally light-hearted, not lecturing, you know - just kinda playfun......

Well, okay -some of you will probably say "keep your nose out of her beeswax..." but hey you LV lovers, I feel like we're all family but I guess some aren't effusive or as willing to lighten up....:oh:
So she looks at me with absolute DISDAIN AND DISGUST for probably even talking to her (:shrugs:) and says "WHHHYY?"
"uh....well, these floors are kinda not clean and that's some bag, you know? I had one...please....I'm the lady who gives her bag their own chair...."
She literally chuckled under her breath and just shoved that baggy further under her chair and started to re-read her People magazine. Uh okay....

Rude much? Again, proves my point about how not all people just because they're carrying LV make them nice, friendly, approachable or at all appreciative of the beauty that they are carrying.....:shrugs:

hahaah, that's a funny story. yeah i think we're a part of a 'secret society' of some sorts of appreciation of our LV's. i could just picture the "WHYYYYYY??" and the expression that went along with her face hahaaah!!

I put my bags on the floor...its not like I sit it in mud, but I'm not worried about my bags getting germs or getting sick or anything.

TOTALLY point well taken. I was just thinking (as I did when I had one, certain), that the denim line just does NOT have the 'durability' factor that the canvas does, KWIM? Believe me, I know nothing LV puts out will fall apart, etc., etc., but when you put that denim on the floor the inability to just 'hose it down' isn't there....especially when the white LVs get all dirty.

Just a thought.....:tup:

sometimes you cant avoid the floor. when i am at meetings, i cant always pull up a chair beside me and place my bag.

the one floor that is a complete NO-NO is the subway floor.

I would only say something if the contents were falling out. Otherwise its not my business.

I wouldnt feel comfortable with someone "eyeing" my bag and then telling me where I should or shouldnt place it.

p.s. but i can see your concern for the bag. you were just looking out for it, that was nice.

I put my bags on the floor...its not like I sit it in mud, but I'm not worried about my bags getting germs or getting sick or anything.

I totally agree.
And this thread is just too funny. I too, would have minded my own business. Why do TPF'ers get all freaked over some random person because they wouldn't treat their bags like you guys do? Hilarious.

To many people, it's just a purse. No matter how much money they spent on it. Let them do whatever they want with it, it's not your problem. Jeez. rofl.

I have a neo cabby and I must admit....I put mine on the floor alot.....I think about it every now and then....but unless I'm putting it down in a pile of dirt....I don't really get bothered....am I weird?????

If there's a chair for me to put my bag on, fine. If not, I put it on the floor. I'm not fussy when it comes to my bags.
The other day I sat in a café and looked down and my dog (a mini dachshund) was lying comfortably on my Mahina XL... He certainly appreciates it when I put my bags on the floor. :P

TOTALLY point well taken. I was just thinking (as I did when I had one, certain), that the denim line just does NOT have the 'durability' factor that the canvas does, KWIM? Believe me, I know nothing LV puts out will fall apart, etc., etc., but when you put that denim on the floor the inability to just 'hose it down' isn't there....especially when the white LVs get all dirty.

Just a thought.....:tup:

I know what you mean...I wouldn't hesitate to put a mono/damier bag on the floor, but never denim! that's asking for trouble IMO...:sweatdrop:

It's BAD LUCK to put your bag on the floor. Not sure why - this is just what I've heard - so I never, never put mine on the floor.

Also - I usually carry a pochette so I don't see why I would put it on the floor LOL.

it's jeans/denim so it's sturdy enough in my opinion and its just a bag! I put hermes and azur on the floor jeez it's not a baby
I don't like people telling me stuff like that too sorry
mind your own business is my motto :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.