carpet cleaning...pee smell!

courtneyh

O.G.
Oct 9, 2006
So Moses is now 12 weeks old and is doing really well and I would say pretty much house broken.... he will have accidents (pee) every now and then when he gets super excited and its zooming around the house and he will squat and pee.....

there are a couple spots that still have a slight urine smell left.... we soak up the pee and then we use natures miracle....

is it worth it to rent one of those steam cleaner vacuums from the grocery store and clean our carpets..... will this help get the slight smell out.... there are only like 2 spots that still smell.... and that seems to be where he will pee if he has an accident in the house..... and of course its never in the kitchen where it can be easily cleaned up.... only in the living room!

thanks for the help!

it's definitely worth a shot to rent the carpet steamer to clean the rug. dogs will always return to a spot they have previously urinated on - it's a smell thing.

yeah thats the worst part... thats why we got the natures miracle, but it seems to take out like 93% of the smell....

i found a site called rug doctor....and we can rent one from our local lowes, and they have a cleaner on there for urine.... so im hoping that will work...im going to call them tomorrow!

im defiantly going to check out the steamer...

Last edited:
Nature's Miracle is fine, or any pet cleaner with enzyme action that can break down the urine proteins. Soak the spot really well, otherwise even with the carpet cleaner a urine smell can still remain.

Nature's Miracle is fine, or any pet cleaner with enzyme action that can break down the urine proteins. Soak the spot really well, otherwise even with the carpet cleaner a urine smell can still remain.

we love the natures miracle, but it just doesnt seem to get rid of the scent 100% and we really soak the spot good.... maybe ill check into some of the other enzyme cleaners...

We use Nature's Miracle, but I've read on some of the dog lists that it's not as effective as it was in years past. They've changed the formula.

We also use Simple Solution. That seems to get the scent out pretty well. Pre-treat it by soaking Simple Solution into the stain, leave it sit for 48 hours, then use a carpet cleaner on it.

We sometimes put Simple Solution or Nature's Miracle right into the carpet cleaner.

I've also heard that soaking the stain with vinegar gets rid of some of the urine smell. But I've found Nature's Miracle and Simple Solution to be much more effective.

You can find both at pet stores.

The carpet cleaners you can rent are great I think. We bought one because we have always had a couple of dogs. But I think the carpet cleaners you rent are much better.

One of the things to keep in mind about urine is that it never actually dries, it crystalizes. So, do the enzyme treatment a couple of times and leave it.

I have recommendation... My dog had accidents too but now they have no accidents at all... We had so much stuff for them from carpet steamer, puppy sheet frame etc. If you live in U.S, I recommend you arm&hammer oxy strength... I love it, my friends love it.. If you use it right away it takes away the stains too!
prod_oxyStrength.jpg

also I havent try it but theres resolve pet stain& odor
208060753.jpg

I have recommendation... My dog had accidents too but now they have no accidents at all... We had so much stuff for them from carpet steamer, puppy sheet frame etc. If you live in U.S, I recommend you arm&hammer oxy strength... I love it, my friends love it.. If you use it right away it takes away the stains too!
prod_oxyStrength.jpg

also I havent try it but theres resolve pet stain& odor
208060753.jpg

thanks soo much!!! im going to check these 2 products out!