In your opinion, most contemporary vs. "vintage" colors for a birkin?

jedimaster

O.G.
Dec 21, 2006
I am interested in hearing other's views on:

1. Which color in a birkin strikes you as the most contemporary or modern?

2. Which color in a birkin strikes you as the most vintage looking, traditional, or old fashioned?

My take is:

1. Orange, vert anis, blue jean, etoupe

2. Black, rouge H, gold, natural, brown

I basically agree with your choices, but think gold is modern looking also (not because it's the color I have), but the way these ladies where it is the reason I liked it. I believe it's classic and can be worn with most things and still looks modern. I have a gold evelyne and everywhere I go I get compliments on the color. I think most people are used to seeing black, brown, red bags, this color looks new to them. But, that's where I live and most people have not seen birkins before.

jedimaster, what an interesting thread. :nuts:

1. contemporary and modern awards go to
- parchemin
- Gris T
- Etoupe
- Poussiere
- Beige
- Poudre

2. most vintage and traditional awards go to
- Black
- Orange
- Rouge H
- Miel
- Gold
- Blue Jean

^^ Most of these are H's evergreen house colours

I am interested in hearing other's views on:

1. Which color in a birkin strikes you as the most contemporary or modern?

2. Which color in a birkin strikes you as the most vintage looking, traditional, or old fashioned?

My take is:

1. Orange, vert anis, blue jean, etoupe

2. Black, rouge H, gold, natural, brown

what a great thread! I would just add cyclamin to the "modern" category and add marron fonce to the classic color list....

I forgot to mention, raisin is very contemporary too.

PS - by traditional or "old fashioned" I didnt mean anything pejorative at all - I think of modern and traditional as each being good - and even better when they merge, as Charmed05 suggested in the case of gold.

I would add Graphite and Ardoise to the contemporary colors.

I also think Palladium looks more contemporary, while Gold seems more traditional or "vintage".

love this thread!

gold, black, brown, rouge hermes seem classic/vintage
etoupe, parchemin, poussiere seem more edgy contemporary
vert anis, raisin, blue jean, orange seem more "new Hermes" as opposed to the historic Hermes --if this makes sense

love this thread!

gold, black, brown, rouge hermes seem classic/vintage
etoupe, parchemin, poussiere seem more edgy contemporary
vert anis, raisin, blue jean, orange seem more "new Hermes" as opposed to the historic Hermes --if this makes sense

agree and add Graphite and the new blue prusse(sp) to the contemporary.

1. Which color in a birkin strikes you as the MOST contemporary or modern?

White.

2. Which color in a birkin strikes you as the MOST vintage looking, traditional, or old fashioned?

Natural barenia.