Wigs as a fashion statement

Would you wear a wig as a fashion statement?

• Yeah! I'm there!

• I would if I knew a good place to get them.

• Not for me or my lifestyle.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ewhitake

NoCalDiva
O.G.
Mar 16, 2007
I've been wearing wigs regularly for about 6 or 7 years now. LOVE THEM!!! :yahoo: I've been a redhead, a blond and am currently a brunette with cool coopery highlights. I was all these colors before but the chemicals were doing extreme damage to my hair, not to mention my wallet. I don't make the color or style change to drastic so most people don't know. But I've been thinking lately about using wigs as a fashion statement. Yah know - what do I wear today and what color do I want my hair. :roflmfao:

So what do you think?

I absolutely LOVE wigs! My hair is quite long right not and I haven't worn one in a while, but I have in the past.

I will do short (cause I will never cut my hair too short) and experiment with colors, I may not be willing to dye my own hair.

I like the fact that you can change your look around with a wig, but since I see the same people everday it would be awkward to explain why my hair looks different all the time.

I don't particularly like wearing wigs, it gets too hot and itchy under there. I have a few wigs, though, but for me they're only bedroom attire, if you KWIM :graucho: I've only worn one out in public once, and when I met up with my friend the first words that came out of her mouth was "take that off". :P

I can see how back in the day of complicated hairdos, it would have been convenient, but my gosh, it gets hot enough around here under my own hair! I think nowadays it would be more inconvenient to deal with a wig, rather than just putting my long hair back in a clip.

I don't particularly like wearing wigs, it gets too hot and itchy under there. I have a few wigs, though, but for me they're only bedroom attire, if you KWIM :graucho: I've only worn one out in public once, and when I met up with my friend the first words that came out of her mouth was "take that off". :P

lol that is funny.....I think my best friend would do the same..:roflmfao:

I just purchased a wig, a nice medium brown chocolate bob.
attachment.php

I have reaaally long wavy black hair, that I don't wish to cut (if I cut them their volume and frizze is like crazy and I look like James Brown).
I can't wait for my wig to arrive and try it on!:nuts:

Attachments

• wig.jpg
    wig.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 885
I've always had trouble finding wigs to fit my head. Even the so-called "plus sized" wigs feel like they could pop off any minute. I must have an abnormally fat head!

I wore a wig for while after I had a car accident that resulting in several scalp injuries. I lost a lot of hair. The wig looked nice, but I was constantly worrying about it slipping. It drove me a little crazy, so I switched to wearing colorful scarves on my head.