Travel Best places to live in Portland?

I'd choose a suburb of Portland - Oregon City, Beaverton, Tigard, Lake Oswego, etc....and in Portland itself, the West Hills is considered the nicest area in Portland to have a home.

Hmm if I wanted a nice house with space, I don't think I would look into central Portland. My choices would be further away like Oregon City (maybe 20mins drive out of Portland), Government Camp which is further away near Mt Hood, or Vancouver, Camas, or Washougal in WA. Lots of decent looking property in those areas.

If you are driving the speed limit 30 minutes....if you are not 20 minutes.
Downtown or Pearl have luxury condominiums with patios and verandas.
If you want to hear chickens Oregon City and Wilsonville are options.
Beaverton is a great place to live....they really enforce every traffic law so please drive the speed limit there.

Thanks C^
Is Beaverton in WA? Approx how far is Lake Oswego from downtown Portland?

TIA!

Gated communities in the Portland area are really not that popular here. (But they exist.) And as far as where to live, there is someplace for every lifestyle and personality. So that would be something I'd like to hear more about from you. Portland is a big melting pot, and a wonderful place to live! Do you have a family? What other factors are driving your decision? How about sq footage? # of cars? Do you want to walk to everything you need and/or bike, take the trolley/MAX instead? Are you a soccer mom, or kind-of hippy/greenie? Describe your ideal community. Something for us to go on...