Cotton ball vs cotton pad

candice19

Oct 21, 2007
This may be a silly question.. but is there a difference if I use a cotton BALL versus a cotton PAD? I would use them for applications of toners, or sometimes make up remover. I don't know if one cotton is "finer" than the other, or something else.

Thanks!

Cotton balls removing nail polish and cotton pads for makeup and toner too over here! Cotton pads are more convenient to use since its processed into one unit whereas sometimes cotton balls can unravel/ fluff out etc.

i like cotton balls for everything: removing nail polish, toner, etc.
i just feel that it tugs less on my skin, and i don't want to create fine wrinkles. but then again, i use cold cream to get my eye makeup off, otherwise i believe i would use cotton pads to take that makeup off.

Me too!!!;) Especially for nail polish & toner!!! ......The only time I use cotton pads is with cosmetic application (Touch ups w/press powder).

i like cotton balls for everything: removing nail polish, toner, etc.
i just feel that it tugs less on my skin, and i don't want to create fine wrinkles. but then again, i use cold cream to get my eye makeup off, otherwise i believe i would use cotton pads to take that makeup off.

I prefer cotton pads for everything! I feel like they absorb less product and thus I'm not wasting my hard-earned stuff lol. I don't know how accurate this may be, but that's how I feel.

Thanks for all the input!

I use cotton balls for anything that requires liquid - toner, polish remover, etc. But I haven't used pads for a long time and was wondering if there was a difference. I heard somewhere in the office that the pads are actually more abrasive because they are formed/molded into the shape - whereas a cotton ball just is a fluff of random threads.