New bag blues

Bag2beautyEvrae

Geek with bags!
Aug 8, 2008
For many years all I had was £20 bags. Down to choice as I wasnt ready for the affair... Anyway, my old bags last me for ages and have had alsorts put into them. Chewing gum wrapped in a little paper, sachets of sugar from cafes, bottles of juice etc. Since I have been liking my bags alot more, I am REFUSING to carry anything that will splil, leak or mark my bag in anyway. I even had to check my best pen twice before gently popping it in. This I find annoying as when I am walking around in the hot sun, my bottle of juice is getting warm because I wont throw it into my bag and I no longer have my hands free. Is there anything you do with a new bag?:okay:

I waterproof all my bags--I use kiwi protect-all. I spray it on my leather bags and canvas ones--water rolls right off it! It lets the leather breathe. so far I haven't had any problems with it!

Usually that's all i do before I take it out for a spin. I feel my bags were bought and meant to be used. I don't necessarily baby them, but I certainly don't abuse them!

Yes, I use Wilson's Leather protector (in an spray can for easy application) on my leather bags. Each different brand has its own recommendations for how often you should re-apply, so make sure to read the labels!

For many years all I had was £20 bags. Down to choice as I wasnt ready for the affair... Anyway, my old bags last me for ages and have had alsorts put into them. Chewing gum wrapped in a little paper, sachets of sugar from cafes, bottles of juice etc. Since I have been liking my bags alot more, I am REFUSING to carry anything that will splil, leak or mark my bag in anyway. I even had to check my best pen twice before gently popping it in. This I find annoying as when I am walking around in the hot sun, my bottle of juice is getting warm because I wont throw it into my bag and I no longer have my hands free. Is there anything you do with a new bag?:okay:

Don't worry, the sun will be gone in a week or two ;)

I also waterproof spray my bags (although not the lighter ones, I use a cream on those). I got a spray from my local Nordstroms, I'm sure if you hit up Selfridges or another higher end store they'd have a good recommendation.

I like to carry pens/pencils in a wristlet or some pouch that zips so I never have to worry about marking up my bag. As for food, if I really want to bring something in my bag (say, snacks for a movie) I'll try and put them in a plastic bag or Ziploc bag of some sort.

Its not a case of needing to carry food, it is the fact with a cheap everyday bag you really dont think about damage and they last for ages. Ive thrown in the odd cookie, half eaten choc bar and loose sweets years ago lol