My Groovee Zipper Pull Ripped off!

Izznit

haha no.
Aug 2, 2007
I was at my sister's wedding dinner, when I went to open my bag. I didn't even OPEN it yet, when I noticed that the zipper pull (leather part) was in my hand! This was a $500 bag, and it rips off?

The thing that gets me is--i never used the zipper pull! (it was in my hand because it was in the way of the metal part, i had to move it) I always grabbed the ACTUAL metal part of the zipper to open it, not the leather loop. Even then, I rarely zip my bag! Only did so because I didn't want food to fall in it. So so bummed, it was my favorite bag.

I mean the bag still functions, but the fact that this is a $500 bag, i would expect the quality to be better! I looked and there was a hole where the stud goes through to hold it all together. It didn't even catch the leather, but rather the thinner plastic/leather sealant stuff.

Even though I don't use that part, I don't think I'd like carrying the bag knowing that there's something wrong with it, that has nothing to do with me. If I can get a new one, then why not? And plus, I always liked the way it looked when it dangled...

I'm just so so bummed...

I'm going to try and exchange it for another at bloomies--I saw one there last week. Do you think they will let me? I have everything from the original purchase...

To some, it may not be a big deal, but for me, it sure is!
:crybaby:

Man, these MBMJ bags sure seem to be not as great quality as they used to be… there's A LOT of stories like these in the last couple of weeks!

So sorry, hope they will replace it!!

If they don't have a replacement you can always send it to MJ repairs. I know what you mean about a bag not being perfect. Even if most people can't see it you know it's there.

As I said, the hole was not through the leather, it's through a paper thin area--it seems to be the same stuff that is put around the edges to seal it. It's hard to see in the pic, but here it is.

edit: thanks to the handy dandy magnifying powers of the camera, it does look like leather...just really really really thin.

Attachments

• IMG_5561.JPG
    IMG_5561.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 138
oh bummer! that is too bad...I think a lot of people are having mbmj issues lately which is too bad, as the bags are sooo stylish and cool. I am sure you can have it repaired!! let us know what happens!

The SAME EXACT thing happened to my Groovee.
My friend decided to pick up the entire bag by the zipper pull. I wanted to kill him right there.
I still haven't had mine fixed... I tried to unscrew the hardware, but I don't think it unscrews (it just appears to be a screw). I don't really know what to do about it.

Can anyone 100% confirm that MJ repairs will repair MBMJ bags?

Sorry to hear that! I actually completely returned my MbMJ Grovee because it started to rip. I got a different bag from a different company instead. I actually returned the bag twice -- 2 weeks after purchase there was a hole forming in the corner and I loved this bag so much that I exchanged it for the same bag, same color. Three days later that bag the leather started to flake at the corners. The girl at Bloomie's tried to give me a hard time, stating that it was because of the thin leather, etc. and I told her I just wasn't satisfied so they returned it for me.

Last edited: