So many purples: Fall 08 Purple reference thread

So apparently this is the true orchid Daydream stam, from luisaviaroma. If you zoom in on the luisa website, the color is tdf and actually does match the Daydream flap bags. The trim is the same lighter color of the other Daydream bags. I guess the million dollar question is, does it really come with a resin chain?
I almost want to order one just to see and take pics!

ETA: Except that the European price converts to over $1700 USD!!

4028.JPG

Last edited:
So apparently this is the true orchid Daydream stam, from luisaviaroma. If you zoom in on the luisa website, the color is tdf and actually does match the Daydream flap bags. The trim is the same lighter color of the other Daydream bags. I guess the million dollar question is, does it really come with a resin chain?
I almost want to order one just to see and take pics!

ETA: Except that the European price converts to over $1700 USD!!

4028.JPG

That's what I hoped I was getting, only I thought it would have the all silvertone chain. If I had the time and/or energy, I'd go back and reread the thread where iluvmybags was talking about the dark orchid stam with silver trim, but I can't even remember the name of the thread! I think that's where I got the impression that this is the bag Nordstrom has. But it doesn't appear to be.

I wish I could order this one but $1700?! Yeesh. No way.

Love that pale lilac quilting on the Reena! And the dark orchid Daydream hobo is just exquisite - reminds me of a Georgia O'Keefe painting for some reason. Don't forget the Mercer Satchel in Dusty Rose(?) which looks identical to lilac! It's YUMMY!!
And MbMJ is rockin' some purple, too. Supposedly it's the color of the season!

I saw the Mercer Satchel today in NM and the official name is Antique Rose. The color seems to be a mix of the Lilac from Resort 07 and the Rose from Spring 08. It's a nice shade of purple with a slight tinge of dark pink.

As for the Daydream Stam, the chain does come in resin. I saw that in NM as well. It's a pretty bag. I sneaked a pic of it and I posted it in the Fall 08 thread. :yes:

That's what I hoped I was getting, only I thought it would have the all silvertone chain. If I had the time and/or energy, I'd go back and reread the thread where iluvmybags was talking about the dark orchid stam with silver trim, but I can't even remember the name of the thread! I think that's where I got the impression that this is the bag Nordstrom has. But it doesn't appear to be.

I wish I could order this one but $1700?! Yeesh. No way.
It does have the silvertone chain... looks so much better than the one shown in the stock photo.:yes: