Help! Wine or Violet Stella for a vacation bag?

Dawn

seriously?
O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
We're leaving for the airport in about 14 hours for 5 days in Jamaica. I usually never take nice bags with me on beach vacations, but I don't have many options for a large purse. I'm trying to decide between Violet and Wine...here are my pros and cons:

Violet:
Pros - bright, summery color.
Cons - still new and I'm afraid the dirty airplane will soil her. :sad: Leather is still a bit stiff.

Wine:
Pros - a bit used and abused...she's been on planes before. ;) She is also well-worn and the leather is soft and supple...super slouchy!
Cons - a bit dark for a summery vacation (?)

ORRRRRR......

I could also nix the MJ bag and go with a Le Sportsac bag. Mine looks like this (black and white) but is a different flower pattern:
7507_4818.jpg

(and now I'm leaning towards the Le Sportsac because I really do not care if it gets dirty or beat up at all). It also fits a lot!!!!!

HELP ME!!!!!!!!! (please) :heart:

Last edited:
I would go with the Le Sportsac. You won't have to worry about it too much and it won't look out of place. Where are staying? I LOVE JAMAICA! I go every year.

Sorry, I am not a bug fan of lesportsac. I think the wine stella would look great against a jamaican sunset! It has a bit more wear, so you won't have to worry as much as you would with the violet.

I think LeSportsac is perfect to toss around especially in Jamaica/where there is sand and sun. I was very paranoid about bringing my pomegranate stella w/ me back east. I got lucky b/c on the outbound plane trip there was an empty seat so I got away with strapping her in next to me. On the return flights I had to push her under the seat in front of me, and also store her in the overhead compartment- where I gave the stink eye to the person who shoved their bag in next to mine... BUT if you are deadset on bringing a Stella, go with the not-as-new one. You would be devastated if something happened to Violet. HTH!

I would go with the Le Sportsac. You won't have to worry about it too much and it won't look out of place. Where are staying? I LOVE JAMAICA! I go every year.

I probably won't get much use from whatever bag I take except for the plane. ;)
We're going to Couples San Souci in Ocho Rios. :heart:

^Then I'd go with the leSportsac. You don't want to have to worry about your bag on the plane. That sounds like sooo much fun!!!! Can't wait to hear how it went:beach:

Dawn - firstly have a fab holiday :smile:

Take Le Sportsac you don't have to worry about it getting dirty on the plane or when you're in Jamaica. If you're dead set on taking a Stella, I'd take the wine one as it's already used. Have fun!

Sorry, I am not a bug fan of lesportsac. I think the wine stella would look great against a jamaican sunset! It has a bit more wear, so you won't have to worry as much as you would with the violet.

no worries! :heart: I just love their bags for toting stuff around since they are pretty indestructible and cheap at Nordstrom Rack. ;)

I am really really torn between the Stella and the Le Sportsac. I am now leaning toward Wine Stella since she's so pretty and already worn in. And as bad as this sounds (I know, I know)....I'm meeting some people for the first time and sort of want to have my Stella as my armor! We're going to celebrate the 5 year wedding anniverary of two friends. There are about 24 of us meeting in Jamaica. I only know about 8 people from the group so Stella could be my magic shield of confidence. Lame, I know...but true!!!!
and i'm sure the xanax will help, too! :roflmfao:

Take the wine Stella, it's going to be your security blanket and she's so pretty. Hey you going to look fabulous whatever you take, btw is you in your little pic:smile: