Jojoba Oil- Secret for Great Skin?

Jan 28, 2007
Has anyone tried this? I am currently using filtered 100% jojoba oil at night on my face, and my friend and her mother swear by it. I bought it at a health food store. It is supposed to be rich in antioxidants and improve your skin, and it's good for hair, too! So far no complaints, but just wondering if anyone else has an opinion. Thanks! ;)

Here is a link with some info:
Jojoba Oil

I highly recommend Jojoba oil. You have to make sure it is pure though. It is relatively inexpensive also. I use it is I get a pimple and it is gone within a couple of days. No scar or anything. I have also used it in my hair overnight. Its great for a lot of things.

Bump! Just curious if anyone knows more about this or has been using it. I haven't been too good at using it religiously but am going to start using it every night to see what happens. It is also great for an eye makeup remover, if anyone would be interested.

I will continue to report back to this thread with updates. I put some on tonight- the first time in a while that I've used it, and I will be using it every night hereon, so nothing to say about it yet. When I first got it I used it occasionally so really it's not enough for me to review. I'm so bad about buying products and not being consistent.

On my "off" days I use jojoba oil on my body. I receive quite a few compliments on the fragrance and have found that it does a really good job of moisturizing, it really sinks in, I expected it to kind of just sit on top. I have never tried it on my face, but think I will def try it as an eye makeup remover.

Funny to see this suddenly! I decided to try doing OCM (oil cleansing method) and my bf just bought me a bottle of jojoba oil today among a couple other things to use for it. I'll report here as well about the result.

I hope it helps with fading acne scars. I have a lot of those.

On my "off" days I use jojoba oil on my body. I receive quite a few compliments on the fragrance and have found that it does a really good job of moisturizing, it really sinks in, I expected it to kind of just sit on top. I have never tried it on my face, but think I will def try it as an eye makeup remover.

What kind are you using, may I ask? It may have additives since jojoba oil does not have a scent. It does absorb pretty well, and you only need a tiny bit so it lasts so long. I don't use it on my body, just face, but if I like the results I may proceed to the rest of my body! :smile:

Funny to see this suddenly! I decided to try doing OCM (oil cleansing method) and my bf just bought me a bottle of jojoba oil today among a couple other things to use for it. I'll report here as well about the result.

I hope it helps with fading acne scars. I have a lot of those.

I've been reading that it's good for acne, too.

What kind are you using, may I ask? It may have additives since jojoba oil does not have a scent. It does absorb pretty well, and you only need a tiny bit so it lasts so long. I don't use it on my body, just face, but if I like the results I may proceed to the rest of my body! :smile:

I bought it at Crabtree and Evelyn, until you mentioned it I didn't even think that it could have additives, thanks for the heads up. I guess I should start reading labels, I stupidly didn't even think about it being anything other than pure jojoba oil.:Push:

I do OCM, not as regularly as before, but still quite often. Love it with jojoba, but I've also used Apricot Kernel Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, and Grapeseed Oil.

I also mix a drop in with my QHMJM for added moisture since the mask can be drying.

jojoba oil (actually a wax) mimics sebum and since "oil dissolves oil" it's very effective for me especially during that time of the month. It's helps quite a bit with breakouts.

I get mine at the Vitamin Shoppe or Whole Foods. It's 100% pure. Love it!

For body, I use sweet almond oil. It's cheaper than jojoba and works just as well.

I do OCM, not as regularly as before, but still quite often. Love it with jojoba, but I've also used Apricot Kernel Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, and Grapeseed Oil.

I also mix a drop in with my QHMJM for added moisture since the mask can be drying.

jojoba oil (actually a wax) mimics sebum and since "oil dissolves oil" it's very effective for me especially during that time of the month. It's helps quite a bit with breakouts.

I get mine at the Vitamin Shoppe or Whole Foods. It's 100% pure. Love it!

For body, I use sweet almond oil. It's cheaper than jojoba and works just as well.

Thanks! I'm switching mostly to all natural products since my skin has been sensitive late, plus I feel better using natural ingredients. Thanks for the tip on the other oils. May I ask what is OCM and QHMJM?

My jojoba oil is from a local natural/organic foods shop and it is safely filtered to retain its properties (it's the clear variety and not the golden one) and the woman told me that one would be better for my skin and the golden jojoba absorbs better on darker pigmented skin.

Thanks! I'm switching mostly to all natural products since my skin has been sensitive late, plus I feel better using natural ingredients. Thanks for the tip on the other oils. May I ask what is OCM and QHMJM?

My jojoba oil is from a local natural/organic foods shop and it is safely filtered to retain its properties (it's the clear variety and not the golden one) and the woman told me that one would be better for my skin and the golden jojoba absorbs better on darker pigmented skin.

OCM is the oil cleansing method. Google it, there's tons of stuff out there. I started out here first.

QHMJM is Queen Helene's Mint Julip Mask -- also know as the greatest mask of all time -- cheap too. You can find it at Walgreens and CVS or at some places online. It's harder to find outside the US.

I also like Dr. Hauschka's products (all natural) They aren't cheap, but they are well made and last a while. When you average it out, it's really not that much more.

You can find them at Whole Foods, Wild Oats, and here.

My favorite is the Moisturizing Day Cream. I don't fit the criteria for this one; I have neither dry or mature skin, but I LOVE it. It's light and perfect for night.

Thanks MissTiss for the info! I've been researching OCM nonstop the last week and it's been two nights of using castor and jojoba oils. I'll stick to variations of this combo for a while to check if I'm fine with them, although I have the grapeseed oil too. I bought a steamer cuz my hands can't handle rinsing a hot steamy towel and it cools off too quickly.

It's very early on but I would like to say I LOVE the OCM with jojoba and castor oil. This is the first time in, oh, at least a year that I haven't gained a pimple 2 days in a row. This morning I meant to just use jojoba oil as a moisturizer. But as I massage it in more, I realized more plugs were coming out, so it was like another cleanse.

MissTiss, is there a reason why you don't use it often now? Did you get facials after using it and has any esthetician commented on your pores? I'm just wondering because I know a few people said that they thought things were great, but then their estheticians saw how clogged their pores were under a magnifier. So I'm not sure if those people just didn't steam correctly or if that in fact happens to everyone.