Valuable Articles Insurance

There was a thread a while back about insurance. I do insure my bags under my homeowners, but depending upon your coverage, anything over a certain price may be an addendum and cost you an additional premium (ie. like jewelry).

someone had made a comment, kind of a joke, about only their SA, DH, and insurance company knowing the cost of their Hermes. i was thinking and this just furthered that thought of the insurance. as my collection is growing. should one adjust their ins. and take pics...? are they going to think i am nuts...? do you get special coverage for bags like you do some jewelry? i thought i would ask you guys before so i know what to say to my ins. co.

I have started a file including pictures and copies of the receipts for every H item and to push paranoia to the extreme, I have a copy at the bank in the safe deposit box. I would check with your insurance what their policy is.

I was having a chat the other day with one of the SAs at my store. He asked me about insurance, etc and I told them since we are just renting right now and don't own we have renters insurance, etc.

he said regardless....rent or own...he recommends that I take a picture of each bag and make a copy of the receipt or just use the receipt...and attach the pics to the receipt...and put them in a safe place at a safety deposit or something like that.

I thought it was a good idea so I am doing it!

just wanted to pass this along. I told him I always thought that if something happened Hermes could pull up a receipt and have it. he said its not that easy and to def be prepared.

so FYI. I thought I would pass this along.

I rent as well, and there's only a certain amount that is covered for clothing, including accessories. Anything beyond that amount must be insured separately. I had to provide receipts for all my bags and shoes (along with certified estimates for my china) for the additional coverage. GGal, be sure to check your policy for the clothing maximum.

I think even if you rent, you can discuss with your insurance company that your basic household insurance should be calculated high enough to cover the bags! I agree with keeping the receipts and taking pictures!

oh I did. my friend is my agent.

go with Statefarm...they don't have maximums like that.....that is why I left Travelers.

also Statefarm covers me in my dwelling and outside....100% unlike most renters.