Do you NEED RM Rehab?! IF SO, please join RM Anonymous HERE

^HAHA, The sad thing is I totally relate to IMELDA.

Hi My Name is H. OKOLE and I am already working on my addiction...I keep telling you guys that Prozac works. One of my girlfriends CONFISCATED some of my fave RMs and will only let me have them back after I list them on ebay and they sell! Poooo, I keep begging her to let me have my Gold Crack Market tote back. I wanted to wear her to my SATC girls night out.

All joking aside, for real, I have a form of OCD. Fortunately for me, my hubby is completely sympathetic and actually encourages me to ''do whatever I need to do." HAHA, did I get lucky or what?

He is searching HIGH & LOW for a clinical trial for my craziness. I wish I was joking, but I'm not. Even though it is kinda funny.

Desi, Next time I'm in Atlanta, I will PM you. I would PAY to see your collection. I'm sending :heart: your way!

Are you an RM Addict? Take this quiz:

1. Have you ever decided to stop buying RM for a week or so, but only lasted for a couple of days?

2. Have you ever felt remorse after buying RM?

3. Do you wish people would mind their own business about your RM shopping -- stop telling you what to do?

4. Do you tell yourself you can stop buying RM any time you want to, even though you keep buying them when you don't mean to?

5: Have you had financial difficulties as a result of RM?

6: Does your S.O. make catty remarks about the number of RM bags you're acquiring?

7. Do you have RM “blackouts”? (http://www.latimes.com/features/lifestyle/la-ig-bui13apr13,0,1156804.story)

8: Do you turn to inferior companions and environments when shopping RM?

9: Do you ever buy an RM and then want an RM the next morning?

10: Does RM cause you to have difficulty in sleeping due to being on TPF and eBay until the wee hours?

11: Are you calling in sick or missing work because you need to wait for your UPS/FedEx/DHL/Postman man to bring your new RM?

12: Have you added extra shelves to your closet to accommodate your rising inventory of RM?

Last edited:
LOL my mom is out of country for the summer :P

THis is good to know...I was going to PM you a little "tough love" if mom was on the floor!!!

It is addictive. I am determined to slow down though. Not just RM, all buying. I love clothes and shoes, and they never seem to be the inexpensive ones...so I am going to slow down. I keep telling myself there is no REASON to have more clothes/bags/shoes than can be worn by one woman. And I know I'm right, and then I shop again!!

Maybe we should all take up drinking??? Might slow us down...:idea:

Ack i love reading this thread!! All your purchases are awesome!!

MSG- i need more will power like you to be able to sell more bags...sheesh i think about it, but then wimp out...

OMG where is this multiquote feature when you need it?!

Haute- aww it sucks your GF has your bags! I would knock her upside the head and steal them back... when you are in atlanta, you better come chill with me :hugs: and don't worry, you won't even have to bring any purses with you, i'll let you borrow mine! How cool is it to travel, and have bags waiting on your when you reach your destination :nuts:

I'm sure I don't need rehab since I started reading about RM bags early this year and I only have two Nikkis - Blue Stonewash and Wine.

The number of bags that some of you have is mind boggling. How do you use all of them?

For spring and summer, I planned on rotating between the two Nikkis, a Tan Belen Echandia SMM, and a White Coach Lunch Tote. So far, the Blue Stonewash Nikki sees the most action because it is my favorite and it looks great with just about everything. I use the Wine Nikki when I want a punch of color and the BE SMM when the tan color looks best with my outfit. I haven't even worn the Coach bag yet even though I really do like it a lot.

So, I struggle with rotating just 4 bags right now. I also have two black bags that I use in the fall and winter and 4 other bags that I would like to sell because I don't use them enough to keep them.

I hope I never have a huge collection of bags! It would only make it harder to decide which one to wear each day.

THis is good to know...I was going to PM you a little "tough love" if mom was on the floor!!!

It is addictive. I am determined to slow down though. Not just RM, all buying. I love clothes and shoes, and they never seem to be the inexpensive ones...so I am going to slow down. I keep telling myself there is no REASON to have more clothes/bags/shoes than can be worn by one woman. And I know I'm right, and then I shop again!!

Maybe we should all take up drinking??? Might slow us down...:idea:

haha, my mom would beat the tough love outta me i tell ya!!

hmmm... TBH i think Minkoffism is getting to be just as deadly as alcoholism... sorry for the lame rhyming :shame:

1. Have you ever decided to stop buying RM for a week or so, but only lasted for a couple of days?

2. Have you ever felt remorse after buying RM?

3. Do you wish people would mind their own business about your RM shopping -- stop telling you what to do?

4. Do you tell yourself you can stop buying RM any time you want to, even though you keep buying them when you don't mean to?

5: Have you had financial difficulties as a result of RM?

6: Does your S.O. make catty remarks about the number of RM bags you're acquiring?

7. Do you have RM “blackouts”? (http://www.latimes.com/features/lifestyle/la-ig-bui13apr13,0,1156804.story)

10: Does RM cause you to have difficulty in sleeping due to being on TPF and eBay until the wee hours?

11: Are you calling in sick or missing work because you need to wait for your UPS/FedEx/DHL/Postman man to bring your new RM?

12: Have you added extra shelves to your closet to accommodate your rising inventory of RM?

:roflmfao:

(Well, kinda -- 'cause I do fall into some of these categories, gulp!)

Msterling- i usually rotate my bags once a week sometimes twice... i'll admit there are a few that never made it into the rotation... Kimber is the queen- she rotates every day... i wish i wasn't that lazy...

Yes to every question with the exception of the following:

HAHA, interesting question. I apologize to any of the other ladies standing at the L.A. sample sale line for my insanity and I completely accept my inferiority.

No, I have found my hubby's stash of Ambien.

No, all of my bags are either on the Pool table in the game room and confiscated and now in my girlfriend's closet.

GULP i'm taking the quiz... scared of the results :sweatdrop:

1. Have you ever decided to stop buying RM for a week or so, but only lasted for a couple of days? :yes:

2. Have you ever felt remorse after buying RM? :nogood:

3. Do you wish people would mind their own business about your RM shopping -- stop telling you what to do? Well actually i wish my boyfriend would just agree to buy me more RM's.

4. Do you tell yourself you can stop buying RM any time you want to, even though you keep buying them when you don't mean to? Yes- everyday i say i'm DONE. But obviously i'm NOT.

5: Have you had financial difficulties as a result of RM? Well- yes and no. I had CC debt before joining TPF. I sold a lot of bags from my older collection so some of them have alleviated the finances for my RM's. I am still in debt, but its like i said mostly from before joining TPF. I could be completely out of debt including student loans if i sold all my RM's.:crybaby:

6: Does your S.O. make catty remarks about the number of RM bags you're acquiring? Hehe, well he doesn't know how many i really have.

7. Do you have RM “blackouts”? (http://www.latimes.com/features/lifestyle/la-ig-bui13apr13,0,1156804.story) I'd like to say no, but its to the point where i have so many bags i can't remember...

8: Do you turn to inferior companions and environments when shopping RM? I would if there was any RM places to shop here... Aside from that, if i went to an actual SS i'd probably pepper spray everyone, get my bags and RUN... (just kidding of course)

10: Does RM cause you to have difficulty in sleeping due to being on TPF and eBay until the wee hours? YES... i am on TPF most nights till 4 AM.... sheesh

11: Are you calling in sick or missing work because you need to wait for your UPS/FedEx/DHL/Postman man to bring your new RM? I've done it before, but most usually if its USPS, they get here before i go to work, I hate UPS, so if its a package from them i usually just let them leave the notice, then i'll just go pick it up.

12: Have you added extra shelves to your closet to accommodate your rising inventory of RM? YES YES YES... I bought one of those extra closet cupboards that they have in dormatories for my room for my bags, and then i have an over the door shoe rack that holds 48 pairs of shoes, and then added 4 shelves in my closet for more bags... really more RM's because i only have about 6 or 7 non RM bags now.

12. Extra closet space, How about a whole new room. On our pool table. OH well, I like Ping Pong better anyway. P.S. does not include my MAM Blue Mesh that is in heavy rotation. Ooops, looks like I need more Prozac.

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1327-1.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg