Authenticate This Fendi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

Founder
Admin
O.G.
Mar 16, 1980
Please post authenticity questions related to Fendi in this thread.

Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

Here is the Large Mamma bag I purchased from Jomashop. The general consensus is that they sell authentic bags. I took some pics and I wondered about a few things though:

1. There is no hologram tag that I can find but maybe this style just doesn't come with one? The card says this is 2008/1.
2. The stamp on the back of the metal closure has FENDI spelled backward. Is this correct?

Can anyone give some input? I can't seem to attach pics. Here is a link:

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb172/autumn8_2007/fendi mamma bag/

Here is the Large Mamma bag I purchased from Jomashop. The general consensus is that they sell authentic bags. I took some pics and I wondered about a few things though:

1. There is no hologram tag that I can find but maybe this style just doesn't come with one? The card says this is 2008/1.
2. The stamp on the back of the metal closure has FENDI spelled backward. Is this correct?

Can anyone give some input? I can't seem to attach pics. Here is a link:

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb172/autumn8_2007/fendi mamma bag/

It should have a hologram. Look more carefully. It could be in a pocket, too. Try pulling the lining out. It should also have a leather serial strip. The Fendi on the metal closure appears to be spelled forwards to me, so I'm not sure what you're talking about there.

I admit I hadn't carried a bag in many years..Now I have my first true Fendi...I am addicted.
My question is general. Do all Fendi's purchased at a Fendi locale come with an authenticity card ? A Fendi Box? or just your receipt and in a dust bag?
Thanks for the input. Was very happy to find this forum.

I admit I hadn't carried a bag in many years..Now I have my first true Fendi...I am addicted.
My question is general. Do all Fendi's purchased at a Fendi locale come with an authenticity card ? A Fendi Box? or just your receipt and in a dust bag?
Thanks for the input. Was very happy to find this forum.

I don't think any bags come with a box, but some accessories like wallets and sunglasses might. Some come with auth card and some don't. It depends on if the retailer decides to give it to you or not (some don't).

It should have a hologram. Look more carefully. It could be in a pocket, too. Try pulling the lining out. It should also have a leather serial strip. The Fendi on the metal closure appears to be spelled forwards to me, so I'm not sure what you're talking about there.

I took a look in the pocket and there they are! The leather serial strip and the hologram! Also, you're right - I don't know why I thought the FENDI was spelled backward. I see it in daylight and it's fine!

Thank you, Litigatrix!

I would like to see a picture of the leather serial number strip, it is sewn into lining directly across from the hologram tag. Need a clear enough photo to read the code and see the fonts...:yes:

Thanks to both of you for replying--I will email Buyer & see if she will send me a clearer photo....the low price worries me too, and it is very different looking....probably why I like it! Has anyone seen this stlye before?

Status
Not open for further replies.