Food Comments That Ruin Your Meal!

leothelnss

buried in bags
O.G.
Jan 31, 2008
Okay, so I'm more talking about specific snacks...
But does it drive anyone else crazy when you are eating something and someone says something along the lines of, "You shouldn't eat asparagus, it makes your pee smell" or "Cherries/Chinese Food give you diarrhea- you're gonna have a fun night"
Oh my god! Why can't some people just let you eat in peace?
Besides... Some of the things they come up with aren't even true, or don't apply to everyone, so why even bother bringing it up?
Does anyone else find this rude/gross/inappropriate?

When they ask how many calories or fat grams are in something and "are you sure you really want to eat that?" Yes, I am sure and I would not have selected it if I did not wish to!

My favorite- "A moment on your lips, and lifetime on your hips!" No one's ever said it to me, but I heard an older woman tell that to a teenage girl at a food court once. So rude!

Gosh I would find that so annoying. Sometimes I eat a lot at the employee cafeteria (food is free), and I tend to get seconds and sometimes even thirds. I also drink the fountain soda there, and sometimes my co-workers joke about soda being bad for you (a lot of them drink water).

It's like, I know soda's not healthy calorie-wise, I wasn't born yesterday. If I want to drink it, I'll drink it. It's no one else's concern.

I went out for wine and salads at a fun wine bar with a good GF awhile back who is a self confessed hard core foodie...love that! I've learned a lot from her.

I ordered a chopped salad and when it came she immediately started peering into it and wrinkling her nose asking "...where's the chopped salami?" Or something like that. I don't know why but it really pissed me off. Can't I just enjoy my food as I like it or ask the server the same question without someone criticizing my dish?

Gosh I would find that so annoying. Sometimes I eat a lot at the employee cafeteria (food is free), and I tend to get seconds and sometimes even thirds. I also drink the fountain soda there, and sometimes my co-workers joke about soda being bad for you (a lot of them drink water).

It's like, I know soda's not healthy calorie-wise, I wasn't born yesterday. If I want to drink it, I'll drink it. It's no one else's concern.

Omg I hate it when people comment on soda being unhealthy. DUH I know that..especially when my FRIENDS say that. Duh, you would think my parents (both doctors) would have drilled that into my brain years ago. I'm not stupid..I know it's not healthy but it won't kill me to have it once in a while.

I hate comments from the waiter or waitress. I CAN"T STAND IT! If there's a choice between a large and a small salad I could live without the "a large is really big are you sure you can eat that?" or "wow! you did great!" after eating something or making a comment about how much or how little you finished. I went out to lunch with my friend two weeks ago and the waitress had so many comments about what we were ordering. Really ticked me off! It was a SALAD!

OK, this doesn't really ruin a meal, but it's strange. At our office we are fortunate to have complimentary sodas (the vending machines don't charge). i LOVE diet Coke and drink a lot of it. Our printer/copy room and break room are pretty much all one and the same. Whenever I run into a certain girl, she is always commenting on my DC consumption...saying "oh, time for another diet coke soon?" or stuff like that. She says it in a nice way, but still c'mon now it's WEIRD.

Ill never forget eating at a really nice restaurant(I hadnt eaten ALL DAY and was STARVING)...I finished a piece of Fliet mignon and the waiter was like"WOW,a small thing like u can really pack it in!!!!"

I laughed...but later .....i was like....hmmmmmmm?????LOL!OUCH!

I hate when peopel really scrutinize what someone is eating.....my co-worker is always doing this with other people's meals..."I would love to be able to eat that too, but it makes me gain weight". SHUT-UP!!

Anne

When they ask how many calories or fat grams are in something and "are you sure you really want to eat that?" Yes, I am sure and I would not have selected it if I did not wish to!

God, I am sooo guilty of that. I swear I know caloric value for everything. I don't ever say anything to anyone though unless they specifically ask me.

The only thing that I could think off is that my friend was taking gross anatomy this semester and every time we would go out for lunch she would start talking about the class and cadavers in detail.

Any comment that has to do with the food affecting my bodily functions (ie: gas, poop, and pee) makes me want to gag.

And also those little comments about what's REALLY in the food. If I want to enjoy my hot dog then please let me enjoy my damn hot dog in peace!