Silly Dilema

Brennamom

O.G.
May 8, 2007
Hi Friends,
I need a a clearer head than mine. This is super silly and base, so I warn you in advance...
On Mother's Day, I received a wonderful gift I'd been hinting at for awhile and I got - a beautiful Ulysses in orange, my absolute favorite color. It is just the cover, as my SA had to order the insert and photo pages I asked for. I was thrilled with it until the next day, when I BIN a fab Ulysses in Raisin. I love it even more. Those that have it, you KWIM. Deep eggplant, it came with the address insert. So what's my problem? I want to return the orange one, but feel like I should keep for a bunch of reasons (it was a gift, it's orange, etc.), but the fact is, the raisin lives in my bag, the orange one hasn't come out of the box.....No brainer, right? Also, I'm afraid of what my SA will think. I want her to know me as a serious customer, not a flake.

Fact is, it should THRILL me, and it doesn't. SO...WWYD? And don't be afraid to spank me, I probably deserve it (just don't use the ostrich crop:P). Thanks!!

Is it too obvious to say ... keep them both? Keep one in your bag, one on your desk. Or keep both in your bag for different purposes. I can only imagine how gorgeous they'd look next to each other in your bag! Enjoy them!

No, not too obvious. Most likely scenario. Especially when I see my SA. I guess I'm looking for alternatives that I may have missed (carmen, tpm, uses for 2). Thanks for weighing in:flowers:. I told you is was silly:P....we should all have such troubles, no?

I would suggest getting something else (exchange possible?) that you will use! I collect too many things that sit in the box (or hang in my closet) that I never use and then have to get rid of years later even though I still love them (declutter to buy more :P)!

I don't think your SA will think you're a complete flake - I worried about that too when I returned something to H but I bought my Ulysses in Lagoon and love it :love:!

Good luck on your decision! :flowers:

I would suggest getting something else (exchange possible?) that you will use! I collect too many things that sit in the box (or hang in my closet) that I never use and then have to get rid of years later even though I still love them (declutter to buy more :P)!

I don't think your SA will think you're a complete flake - I worried about that too when I returned something to H but I bought my Ulysses in Lagoon and love it :love:!

Good luck on your decision! :flowers:

Thanks! What I find odd, is that I LOVE orange, it is my trademark, etc., but even the Lagoon appeals more to me than this orange. Maybe it's a shade thing? Potiron vs. orange? I think mine is potiron, it is muted and not bright...receipt doesn't say...

It's not a silly dilemna. I think a lot of people are hesistant to return things to H for fear of what their SA will think of them. Please do remember, you are the client...they need to make your heart sing!! If what you purchased does not do that, return it and get something that does. Never feel embarrassed to do so. We all work too hard for our little simple pleasures in life!! No need to have things that you don't use. Get the store credit and a little somethin somethin that you adore. :wlae: I returned a bag that some would kill for at the advice of a tpfr...never regretted it once. My SA did not care at all, these things fly off the shelves.

Thank you my lovey H-Sisters!
DH doesn't understand and DD is 5 (tho she can spot a Speedy on sight!) so it is a great comfort to have you all to bounce ideas off of :flowers::tender:

Last edited:
Brennamom. I would not hesitate for one minute to return it for something else if you want. My experience is that the SAs actually enjoy the process and see it as a sign that you are serious and meticulous in your H collecting. I have bought and exchanges several scaves between the Phila, Deauville and Bond Street boutiques, I'm constantly asking the SA's to do searches for the right colours/leathers and they do it. It has given me opportunities to know them and now there is always a helpful SA in one of the boutiques. I say get exactly what you want!!

If that were me I would take it back. The whole thing for me about H is the feeling it gives you - as you say it doesn't thrill you, exchange it for something that does.

Definately take it back as it doesn't sing to you. Personally I think that everyone seems to be sh*t scared of the SA's. They work for us as it were so I am sure if they were a good SA they would want you to be happy with your purchase..

If you don't want to take it back, maybe you could buy a different insert for it - perhaps the travel insert and use your sunny orange aganda for travel notes - the colour would be perfect for summer holidays. I have 2 Ulysses, my first was a classic gold which I use the plain paper inserts for notes and then I fell in love with raisin, like you, lol and had to have one. I bought the travel insert, however, I've found I use the raisin agenda as a jewellery roll on my dressing table - it lies flat and open - all the rich colour exposed and I dump my bangle, earrings, watch etc on it if I can't be bothered putting it away in their boxes. If you have the photo insert in one agenda, then you'll 'need' another for plain paper or another insert like the travel one.