Epsom Leather - Anyone Feeling The Love?

Feb 11, 2006
I'm not a fan...it's too stiff, too thin and just not what I think of when I think "leather".

With that said, I'm thinking there must be advantages of Epsom that I'm overlooking.

For those of you who don't hate it, please tell me why I should feel the love!!!

I agre with you livethelake. I think Epsom is hard to love. That being said, I suppose it is stiff, waterproof, takes color brilliantly and scratch-resistant. It just doesn't "feel" nice.

Generally don't like epsom or its predecessor, courchevel.

But I feel the love - a LOT of love - for this epsom bag:

attachment.php

Epsom is one of the only ways to access some of the bright, bold colours that aren't offered in regular leather (like togo, clemence).

This bag is a grail of mine. Even though I normally dislike epsom!

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 562
castorny, all good points. (especially the "takes color brilliantly" as my all time favorite Hermes color is primarily available only in epsom)

I wonder if I could learn to love epsom.........

One more question -

When you see a Hermes bag in epsom, what's your first reaction...do you notice the leather and say "nice bag, too bad it's in epsom" or doesn't it matter to you?

I'm not a fan...it's too stiff, too thin and just not what I think of when I think "leather".

With that said, I'm thinking there must be advantages of Epsom that I'm overlooking.

For those of you who don't hate it, please tell me why I should feel the love!!!

^^I don't know a lot about this leather, but so far I like what I see. I also prefer a more stiff bag too (at least in a Kelly). I think if you like a squishy bag, this won't be the leather for you. I think it does hold the color beautifully.

I'm sure someone with more experience could speak to the durability of this leather.

Also, please stay tuned for something I just had delivered in EPSOM. :smile:

I have that bag in a 35 birkin...and although its not my favourite I do love it for its pop of colour....Epsom is a stiff leather not smoochy like clemence but its a real tough nut which is good...:yes:

Not my favorite leather by a long shot. But I can totally understand the love for it that some have....it does catch and hold bright colors the best outside of Chevre.