Too many pics in a listing = removed?

trig

May 20, 2008
I recently listed an LV AUTHENTIC denim Speedy on FEEbay and it was removed b/c of that 'trademark infringement' thing they say. I listed it with about 8 pics. I emailed FEEbay and told them I had the receipt if they would like to see it. Same canned reply that they give everyone. Something about taking a tutorial. Now, it seems like very limited information is the way to go. I have personally seen fake lv's and chanel's sell on FEEbay and I think it's b/c FEEbay has very little information to work with, thus, the items remains for sale.

thoughts?
does fewer pics mean FEEbay will let the fake items stay?
does fewer pics mean FEEbay will let the REAL items stay?

LEGIT sellers need to know !

I have no problem emailing potential bidders more pics, but I do have a problem with FEEbay removing my authentic items and taking my money!

heres an example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Chane...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

some even post with limited information AND they post the bad serial # !!

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHANEL-WHITE-CL...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm not sure what the best way to sell is, but I am fed up with FEEbay thats for sure.

TRIG

Yes, I know what you mean. :yes:

When sellers only show one, or two, fuzzy pics and neither of them show any obvious, give-away signs of the item being fake (i.e. heatstamps/logos/labels etc.), because no one's absolutely sure it's a fake, they seem to get away with it. :shrugs:

I recently listed an LV AUTHENTIC denim Speedy on FEEbay and it was removed b/c of that 'trademark infringement' thing they say. I listed it with about 8 pics. I emailed FEEbay and told them I had the receipt if they would like to see it. Same canned reply that they give everyone. Something about taking a tutorial. Now, it seems like very limited information is the way to go. I have personally seen fake lv's and chanel's sell on FEEbay and I think it's b/c FEEbay has very little information to work with, thus, the items remains for sale.

thoughts?
does fewer pics mean FEEbay will let the fake items stay?
does fewer pics mean FEEbay will let the REAL items stay?

LEGIT sellers need to know !
TRIG

I do not know why they removed your bag if it is authentic, because although there are many of us who report, most of the reports are flat out ignored by eBay! As I have said before, they really need to hire their own staff of experts to vet each and every bag, especially because they know this is a huge source of criminal action. The eBay marketplace (and I have been buying here over 8 years) has become rife with counterfeits and poorly/falsely described merchandise. How can we know and trust any sellers, except those with whom we have previously dealt, or those who are recommended here. The fb system has long been a farce for making decisions about the real nature of the seller (in spite of all the recent noise)...

Yes, fewer pics mean that those of us who are buying cannot make a judgement about whether a bag is fake or not. Those of us on the forum who also scan the listings to identify the fakes, cannot make a judgement. If I cannot make a judgement, then I cannot report the counterfeit, and someone else buys the fake bag. When we are buying in a corrupt marketplace, we will leave the market - no legit customers, no sales for your authentic bag.

When you have a legitimate handbag in good condition, I would think that you would want the potential customers to be able to see it. So my advise to you, as a buyer is please post those pictures - as many as are needed to really examine your authentic handbag! I won't buy anything that I cannot see enough of. I assume that someone who posts only one or two pics - and poor visibility at that- has something to hide, and I won't even look twice at their auction. IMO, all auctions without adequate identifying information should be removed until the material is supplied. So, to answer your question, your auction may not be removed by eBay, but I will not be bidding if you do not post enough info.

With regard to your problem, eBay should have some real customer service people that can deal with the real problems in real time ... can you call to talk with someone directly??? If you believe that your bag is authentic, then contact an authenticator, and obtain the report which you should submit to eBay. They do accept these reports. Ask for a return on any fees, and an apology - and insist that they hire experts to authenticate - but all politely, of course. I know that sellers are also leaving the marketplace.

Thank you for your replies! :smile:

too bad my requests go on deaf ears.
I told them I have the $1700.00 receipt -- still nothing but canned replies.:cursing:

I am beginning to think that FEEbay is useless.
Is there any other site that can give them some competition? :shrugs:

Had this happen to me with authentic CHANEL bag. They removed auction (I had 12 photos listed) and it has been over two weeks and I can get no response, just canned email. So...I no longer will sell designer handbags on fleabay. I let friends know I am selling them, or will take them to consignment 50% is better than nothing.

Had this happen to me with authentic CHANEL bag. They removed auction (I had 12 photos listed) and it has been over two weeks and I can get no response, just canned email. So...I no longer will sell designer handbags on fleabay. I let friends know I am selling them, or will take them to consignment 50% is better than nothing.

HAHAHA just checked my email. Received message from attorney representing CHANEL. Apparently, fleabay contacted them on May 14th, informing them that my bag was authentic and that they had reinstated my auction...yet they never did. I NEVER heard from fleabay! I could have sold the darned bag by now...too much of a headache now!:cursing: