What if Ebay doesn't retire auctions you declare "fake"?

Vida from Milan

Gone Shopping...
Oct 20, 2007
Sorry if this question has already been asked (search function down)
I've reported to Ebay (Italy) some fake Balenciaga bags, and some were retired, but some not.
There's a fake one that's going up to 400€, and the auction is going to end...I HATE this person gets money from a fake bag, I reported it twice to Ebay, explaining why I know the bag is fake but...nothing happened!
What can I do more?
Thanks!

Sorry if this question has already been asked (search function down)
I've reported to Ebay (Italy) some fake Balenciaga bags, and some were retired, but some not.
There's a fake one that's going up to 400€, and the auction is going to end...I HATE this person gets money from a fake bag, I reported it twice to Ebay, explaining why I know the bag is fake but...nothing happened!
What can I do more?
Thanks!

I've reported two fake Hermes Birkins this week with the same result - no action taken; they're still listed, and they're the worst fakes imagineable. EBay talks a good game about keeping their community safe from fraud, but in reality, I think it's mostly just talk. Once in a while they'll pull an auction, but certainly not in every case. I suppose that it takes a good deal of manpower to investigate all reported auctions, but I think they like to look the other way whenever possible.

Afterall, if they cancel an auction, they have to return the listing fees and won't be able to collect the big plum - the final value fee, and we all know how greedy eBay is about their fees!

I, too, feel sorry for that unsuspecting buyer who's going to spend a lot of money and end up with a fake bag. And, sadly, in the end, the exploits of the fraudsters and eBay's ineffectiveness in dealing with them reflects badly on the truly good sellers as well.

I've reported two fake Hermes Birkins this week with the same result - no action taken; they're still listed, and they're the worst fakes imagineable. EBay talks a good game about keeping their community safe from fraud, but in reality, I think it's mostly just talk. Once in a while they'll pull an auction, but certainly not in every case. I suppose that it takes a good deal of manpower to investigate all reported auctions, but I think they like to look the other way whenever possible.

Afterall, if they cancel an auction, they have to return the listing fees and won't be able to collect the big plum - the final value fee, and we all know how greedy eBay is about their fees!

I, too, feel sorry for that unsuspecting buyer who's going to spend a lot of money and end up with a fake bag. And, sadly, in the end, the exploits of the fraudsters and eBay's ineffectiveness in dealing with them reflects badly on the truly good sellers as well.

Thank you, I could not agree more with your eloquently put words.

I report and report and report and I have not seen ebay take down any of the auctions I reported yet.

Is it allowed to say to the seller "Hey, you are selling a fake. Retire it, or if you are brave, publish this comment in the auction, so I can tell everyone you sell a fake"?
If he reports my request to ebay, they can say nothing to me, right?I'm just saying (and I KNOW IT) that he has a fake bag and I'd like everyone to know it...I am daring him! :sweatdrop:
I'm so tempted in this...

I have notified sellers that their bags are fake. Some act innocent like they didn't know. Some remove the listing, some don't. Most do reply to me tho as I have written a guide for ebay fakes. I have not had ebay say anything to me yet. God, I hate it when some poor person pays $$$$ for a fake bag. I have even sent a message to buyers that their bag is fake. I don't do it very often, tho.

can someone help me please?? I'm new to this forum and i am hoping that someone can tell me if a chanel bag on ebay is real. It's item #130223330447 . I'd like to bid on it, just need a little support in catching a fake:smile: i appreciate any help!!!!
thanks and aloha:smile:
cj

I too have emailed sellers letting them know items are not authentic if I think they are declaring authenticity by honest mistake. Most of the people write me back to ask how I am able to determine that and thank me because they do not want to mess up their perfect feedback.

I too have emailed sellers letting them know items are not authentic if I think they are declaring authenticity by honest mistake. Most of the people write me back to ask how I am able to determine that and thank me because they do not want to mess up their perfect feedback.
Yes!
I tell sellers in a very kind way that the bag is fake, and that I'm sorry for it (even if I'm angry!!!:cursing:), but nothing more: some of them don't really know it, some say "I bought it in a shop, what are you saying?" and I kindly reply that I'm a passionate to bags, and I can say without doubt that their is fake, and that I'm sorry for them. I also try to explain that I can perfectly recognize fakes because of details...and at the same time I report it to ebay (even twice) but I don't tell that to the seller in order not to increase his anger to be caught selling a fake and noticed to ebay... I don't think they can report something to ebay for what I say, I just advice them if they are not aware of the fake bag!!!:rolleyes:
Regarding buyers, most of them are invisible (names like a**p) and can't do anything to warn them. But some sellers publish my question when I ask for more picture in order to authenticate the bag, where readily they don't answer properly, and they shoot themselves in the foot publishing it (that behavior warns other users!)
Thanks everyone for your comments!
P.S. They've just retired another fake...YAHOO!!!:yahoo:

Regarding buyers, most of them are invisible (names like a**p) and can't do anything to warn them. But some sellers publish my question when I ask for more picture in order to authenticate the bag, where readily they don't answer properly, and they shoot themselves in the foot publishing it (that behavior warns other users!)
Thanks everyone for your comments!
P.S. They've just retired another fake...YAHOO!!!:yahoo:

Kudos for you on doing that!
but i agree sometimes when i report things I dont see a result. I even recently reported that an ebay seller was using someone elses photos but that person is still selling that item and have relisted it too!

Thank you, I could not agree more with your eloquently put words.

I report and report and report and I have not seen ebay take down any of the auctions I reported yet.

I KNOW, PURSEWATCH, IT'S TRULY DISCOURAGING. I'M SURPRISED THAT EBAY STILL BOTHERS TO INCLUDE THE LINK TO REPORT AN AUCTION. THEY MIGHT AS WELL SAVE SPACE ON THE PAGE AND ELIMINATE IT. (IT COULD BE REPLACED WITH A "SCREW THE SELLER" LINK, HOWEVER! :P (And, pardon my mouth!)

I KNOW, PURSEWATCH, IT'S TRULY DISCOURAGING. I'M SURPRISED THAT EBAY STILL BOTHERS TO INCLUDE THE LINK TO REPORT AN AUCTION. THEY MIGHT AS WELL SAVE SPACE ON THE PAGE AND ELIMINATE IT. (IT COULD BE REPLACED WITH A "SCREW THE SELLER" LINK, HOWEVER! :P (And, pardon my mouth!)

Don't give ebay any idea. LOL. :P