Do you like this dress color?..or could I dye it?

Missrocks

Apr 6, 2008
Absolutely LOVE:heart: this Jay Godfrey one shoulder bow dress. I really wanted it in black, but it was sold out everywhere online. This purple color is the only color I could find it stocked in (beside a limey color) at Neiman Marcus.
I'm not so sure about the color- I don't especially love purple or know if it would look good on me. (I'm blonde hair, blue-green eyes, fair skin)
Any opinions on the color?
Or anyone sucessfully dyed silk black? I've dyed some other materials, but I imagine silk is tricky.
Or anyone seen it in black, size 4? I googled and checked the first five pages. And called some stores with no luck.
~TIA

NMT1DA1_mn.jpg

I think it would look good on you .. your blonde and purple goes with blonde and gonna make your eyes more determined. try it on if you dont like it, i wouldnt dye it myself either but if you know were then do it! but try it first sometimes colors are also tricky.

I have the same coloring exactly (Hair, eyes, complexion) and was questioning this color in a cocktail dress I did it anyways and got a zillion compliments. I wore a light purple eyeshadow, black eyeliner on the eyelid only and and a petal colored lipgloss. Paired the dress with a black bangle, a pair of black patent platforms and black patent clutch. I think it will look great on you!!

I have the same coloring exactly (Hair, eyes, complexion) and was questioning this color in a cocktail dress I did it anyways and got a zillion compliments. I wore a light purple eyeshadow, black eyeliner on the eyelid only and and a petal colored lipgloss. Paired the dress with a black bangle, a pair of black patent platforms and black patent clutch. I think it will look great on you!!

^Thank you for the great visual! I just happen to have a lovely pair of CL patent VP's to pair with this. No patent clutch, but maybe my LV black multi-color pouchette would work for some added color..

Thanks for everyone else that chimmed in! Maybe I'll post modeling pics when I get it.
Oh, and I hope the silk isn't too delicate because I may need it taken in. They only had it in a size larger than I normally wear...but maybe I'm lucky and it runs small.

Last edited: