Are my Bow bag straps too long?!?

fee512

Jan 31, 2008
Hi girls, i bought the bow satchel around 2 months ago, and love it so much!!! But before i been using it as a shoulder bag by doubling the straps and as a tote bag...now summer is nearly here i want to wear it by the long strap...

but it seems that the straps are far too long!!! i mean, i'm 5'7 (170cm) and the bag drops down to my lower thighs..
i was expecting the straps would make the bag down to my bum......

i see other TPFer's bow satchels don't seem so long...especially injenue's photo from http://forum.purseblog.com/prada-and-miu-miu/bow-help-291126-5.html

can someone tell me this is right or wrong?
:confused1:

viewfile.php

viewfile.php

viewfile.php

p.s please excuse my messy student room & kitten hehe!

Last edited:
Hi girls, i bought the bow satchel around 2 months ago, and love it so much!!! But before i been using it as a shoulder bag by doubling the straps and as a tote bag...now summer is nearly here i want to wear it by the long strap...

but it seems that the straps are far too long!!! i mean, i'm 5'7 (170cm) and the bag drops down to my lower thighs..
i was expecting the straps would make the bag down to my bum......

i see other TPFer's bow satchels don't seem so long...especially injenue's photo from http://forum.purseblog.com/prada-and-miu-miu/bow-help-291126-5.html

can someone tell me this is right or wrong?

p.s please excuse my messy student room & kitten hehe!

injenue has the small bow so I think that strap might be shorter. [/COLOR][/FONT]annaversary is like the bow expert here :smile: and she has posted a lot of pictures with hers in the thread [/FONT]i FINALLY found MY perfect Alluminio Miu Miu Bow Satchel. It looks like it's hanging pretty low on her as well but I think that I remember her being shorter than you though...

If you measure how long the strap is from end to end someone with a bow can do the same.

Last edited:
injenue has the small bow so I think that strap might be shorter. annaversary is like the bow expert here :smile: and she has posted a lot of pictures with hers in the thread i FINALLY found MY perfect Alluminio Miu Miu Bow Satchel. It looks like it's hanging pretty low on her as well but I think that I remember her being shorter than you though...

If you measure how long the strap is from end to end someone with a bow can do the same.

Hi Liona, thx for ur message! i just measured the straps, from the end of the gold hardware to the other end of the gold hardware is 112.5cm (44 inches)...
yes, i also remember the height difference of me and annaversary, and i seen her photos with the long strap on and it looks the same when we're both diff heights...

I CAN see your pictures fee512 but they take extremly long to load. :Push:

I am not sure if the sizes of the bow affects the size of the strap BUT I must admit that when I wear my bow on my shoulder with the strap as a messenger it is PRETTY LONG. Hahaha. I can't reach for it easily, I have to pick up my bow and get things out of my bag. And that is where boyfriend comes along, supports my bow from the bottom, and allows me to access my bow easily :rolleyes:

BUT note that I am only 5'2, which explains why the straps are so long on me. I believe that injenue is taller than I am, so maybe that's why it looks shorter on her. So basically, the taller you are the shorter the straps may be and the closer the bag is to you.

Thats another reason why I wish I was taller :sad:

Here are some pictures of the bow and I.

877063dd.jpg

a3272a81.jpg

DSC04503.jpg

So, as you can tell, we sort of look the same with our bows hanging on our sides. LOL, the bow goes PAST our hips. How tall are you???

I CAN see your pictures fee512 but they take extremly long to load. :Push:

I am not sure if the sizes of the bow affects the size of the strap BUT I must admit that when I wear my bow on my shoulder with the strap as a messenger it is PRETTY LONG. Hahaha. I can't reach for it easily, I have to pick up my bow and get things out of my bag. And that is where boyfriend comes along, supports my bow from the bottom, and allows me to access my bow easily :rolleyes:

BUT note that I am only 5'2, which explains why the straps are so long on me. I believe that injenue is taller than I am, so maybe that's why it looks shorter on her. So basically, the taller you are the shorter the straps may be and the closer the bag is to you.

Thats another reason why I wish I was taller :sad:

Here are some pictures of the bow and I.

877063dd.jpg

a3272a81.jpg

DSC04503.jpg

So, as you can tell, we sort of look the same with our bows hanging on our sides. LOL, the bow goes PAST our hips. How tall are you???

aww how sweet of your boyfriend!! =)
well good things come in small packages, so don't tall or short doesn't matter =)

well i am 5'7 which is 170cm....i'm not that tall but my boyfriend thinks that with my height i should be able to carry the bow perfectly with the long strap..but it doesn't look like it
:sad:

annaversary, easiest to compare if you just measure the straps from the end of the gold hardware to the other end of the gold hardware in the same way that fee512 did. :smile:

Or have you sent your bow away for repair?

Ooooh fee512 you're SO much taller than me... i'll measure my straps tonight... so you can compare....

if you go back to those photos i put up... and click into the one where i wear the straps long... look on the left handside of the bag you'll see that i didn't have the clasp around the ring... i think that's where the difference would be... i only just realise now when i go back to look at the photos to compare yours with mine...

i usually wear the straps doubled... cuz they're long for me... they would come just a little below my hip

Ooooh fee512 you're SO much taller than me... i'll measure my straps tonight... so you can compare....

if you go back to those photos i put up... and click into the one where i wear the straps long... look on the left handside of the bag you'll see that i didn't have the clasp around the ring... i think that's where the difference would be... i only just realise now when i go back to look at the photos to compare yours with mine...

i usually wear the straps doubled... cuz they're long for me... they would come just a little below my hip

Hi injenue! after looking at your pics closely, yes u didn't attach the ring!! i usually wear my bag with the straps doubled too!! but i fancied a change..but i guess it don't look good! =(
why the hell did miu miu make them so long?! we aren't 6 foot models~....
but if you would measure ur straps, that would be great!!
thank you!!:tup:

injenue, i went to look at your pics to see what you meant by not having the clasp around the ring! so where is it attached if it's not on the ring? how does it work? :confused1:

fee512 when i tried on the bag, the strap was really long on me too if i just put it on the shoulder. it worked best cross-body.

okay ... i just measured my bow....

strap length is 112cm
from tip of clasp to tip clasp....

oooh i'm so bad at explaining.. but basically... i usually have the straps doubled... what i do is... i remove the clasp from the strap on one side... loop the strap through the D ring... but the clasp back on again then clasp it on the other side... when i took those photo i was being lazy to undo the clasp to remove the strap from looping through the D ring... so the clasp being bigger than the D ring was just hanging... :sweatdrop: do i make any sense at all ??

okay... didn't realise the photos didn't come through... here

Attachments

• DSC00927.JPG
    DSC00927.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 779
  • DSC00928.JPG
    DSC00928.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 640
  • DSC00929.JPG
    DSC00929.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 748
Last edited:
okay ... i just measured my bow....

strap length is 112cm
from tip of clasp to tip clasp....

oooh i'm so bad at explaining.. but basically... i usually have the straps doubled... what i do is... i remove the clasp from the strap on one side... loop the strap through the D ring... but the clasp back on again then clasp it on the other side... when i took those photo i was being lazy to undo the clasp to remove the strap from looping through the D ring... so the clasp being bigger than the D ring was just hanging... :sweatdrop: do i make any sense at all ??

hey injenue~thanks for measuring!! i guess the straps are the same size!! but looking at ur photos ur photo seems still short then mine?!
Is ur bow the smaller bow? is that why?
ahh i'm going crazy now...hahaha...
but thanks for measuring and taking photos, ur bow and outfit is great!! :P