I Need Help with First L.A.M.B. Purchase....Please.

runner0716

Jun 16, 2007
Hi Everyone,

I have been waiting for the Nordies sale so I could buy the BE Montego. Unfortunately, none of the Nordies in my area have one so I would have to purchase it on dot com. I have also been thinking about the BE Mandeville. To add to the confusion I just noticed that the Camel Checkerboard Alston in on sale at shopbop.com.

Help....I'm confused. I would love any and all opinions.
I love the BE but I'm afraid it's too trendy and I may get tired of it.

so it's between the BE montego, BE Mandeville, and Camel Checkerboard Alston? i'd go with the BE montego as i have one myself.. it's not too trendy IMHO.. it's just different.. in a good way of course! :yes:

Thanks so much indi3r4! It's so funny that you should be the first to post a reply.....I was going to purchase the BE Montego on ebay a few weeks ago and then it was gone. You got it first!!

I think you should go with your first instinct and get the BE montego from the website. I love the BE print and don't think it's too trendy. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the montego!

I agree with everyone else. The BE Montego is the way to go. The BE print is trendy but the beautiful leather surrounding the Montego gives it a classic look. The Camel Checkerboard is OK but feels kind of spring/summer to me. You can carry the BE throughout the year. Just my two cents. :smile:

Just wanted to add this bit in, in case you want to go with the CC Alston: I have heard from some people that the camel checkerboard isn't as nice in person as it is online in pictures. I might check it out in person rather than be surprised when you get it out of the box.

Just wanted to add this bit in, in case you want to go with the CC Alston: I have heard from some people that the camel checkerboard isn't as nice in person as it is online in pictures. I might check it out in person rather than be surprised when you get it out of the box.

I think MissNovember has a post about her thoughts on the Camel Checkerboard print somewhere in the forum. If I recall correctly, she purchased one and took it back because she and her Mr. thought it was like a "Monet" . . . pretty from far away but up close it was a bit of a mess.

^ Yup! I was thinking of her when I typed that.

On the other hand, willyouletgo really liked the CC Alston that got shipped to her instead of the WL one she ordered. I think it's just like the ombre check, it's either love or hate!

I think MissNovember has a post about her thoughts on the Camel Checkerboard print somewhere in the forum. If I recall correctly, she purchased one and took it back because she and her Mr. thought it was like a "Monet" . . . pretty from far away but up close it was a bit of a mess.

:roflmfao: It was a total Monet!! Soooo pretty from far away and then up close it looked :Push:. I say go with the BE Montego! Classic shape, classic Saddle and that cute BE kick. :tup:

Get the BE Montego!!! Ever since I got my price adjustment yesterday on my Exeter I have been mooning over the bag. But since I really shouldn't be spending any money right now I'm just gonna wait and hope that Off 5th will have them for a while and I can somehow score one with a 30% coupon. But if I hadn't had to buy a new laptop last weekend that Montego would've come home to momma!!

montego. I love the mandeville, also.. and the alston is nice.. I just dont like the camel checkerboard... the montego is a seriously useful and nice looking bag.

Hi again everyone,

Well I waited too long. I was out the whole day and I just got home and had decided to order the BE Montego from Nordstroms and they are ALL gone. So are all the BE Mandeville. Oh well......I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Thanks again everyone for all your input.