Save my red soles!

mscupcake

O.G.
Dec 9, 2006
Hey gals :heart:

The office park I work in has gone through some extensive renovation and, for the past few months, I've been working from home. I just returned today to find gravel and cobblestone walkways everywhere. While the place is absolutely beautiful--Zen gardens, waterfalls and the like--my co-worker and I just
glanced at eachother, down at our CLs and sort of
...freaked :nuts:

My question--is there anything I can do to protect my red soles? Thank you in advance :P

well you could take them off when you walk through the park :P
Or you could try to have them zipsoled with red vibram soles. I haven't tried it myself (yet!) but I hear good things :flowers:

^^Is that what you used in your experiment wantmore? Those looked great!

That's what I do, bring Converse into the office so I can walk a couple of miles on my lunch break! Looks kind of funny sometimes, but who cares if it saves your red soles, and not to mention your feet?!

Thank you keya, wantmore and socalboo :heart: I actually did walk barefoot today and ran into one of my clients on the way in (drat)--but from now on I will take an extra pair of shoes!

I've never had to resole...yet. How do they look? I'm dying without the search function!

I don't love the Vibram unless your soles are already jacked. I've had three pairs done. It changes the shoe too much, imo.
I use Red Gaffer's Tape on mine and I'm really happy with it. I posted pix in another "red sole" thread. It would take replacing regularly if you're out on the gravel. Also Foot Petals Clear Sole Stopperz are an awesome quick sole saver.

hi mscupcake,

I have had my shoes resoled with red vibram. Here are before and after photos:

A reputable shoe cobbler in your area should easily be able to repair your soles with the vibram.

I don't love the Vibram unless your soles are already jacked. I've had three pairs done. It changes the shoe too much, imo.
I use Red Gaffer's Tape on mine and I'm really happy with it. I posted pix in another "red sole" thread. It would take replacing regularly if you're out on the gravel. Also Foot Petals Clear Sole Stopperz are an awesome quick sole saver.

Hey JetSetGo, this is the first I've heard of red gaffers tape, it sounds like a good idea! Can you use it on CLs that have already worn down a bit, or does it work better on a new, unscratched sole? Does it leave a sticky residue behind when peeled off and replaced? Also, where does one find it?