Mulberry in London??

kroquet

Sep 18, 2007
Thought I would title the thread appropriately so it won't get moved. Which area of London is the safest for me to stay one night on my own and any hotel suggestions?? Also, if I were to venture into a Mulberry store, which is the best?? Don't know if I will do that, as I would rather save that moment to share with friends.
A big thanks in advance!!

Guess you're coming into Heathrow? Then you're catching the train from Euston to Manchester? There's Mulberry in Bond St and Mulberry is also sold in Liberty in Regent St. I think you would love Liberty and if you have time it is definitely worth a visit.
You'll be fine if you stay in the centre. DH stays for business so I'll ask him for some hotel names.

hello kroquet, i always feel safe in the centre of London in the evening, the only area I'm really not too keen on is King's Cross and I'd also stay away from the city (square mile) just because I always find it a bit odd in the evening.

There are lots of big hotels in South Kensington, Kensington, Bloomsbury (Russell Square), Green Park, Gloucester Road areas.

You might find some boutique-type hotels on lastminute.com

There are also now some budget hotels (such as Travelodge) in the centre of London - incl one in Covent Garden. They are basic but clean and cheap. Also Premier Inn, has one on the river by the London Eye. Some of these cheap hotels are in dodgy areas or a bit out of the action, but we could help you pick the best areas if you want to do the budget thing.

However, there's nothing like a recommendation, so hopefully SJ's DH will have some good ones for you.

Have to agree that Mulberry on Bond Street would be hard to ignore ... Liberty is also a wonderful place to go, and personally I would also head to Selfridges as well. House of Fraser and John Lewis also have Mulberry in that area (W1).

It must be very exciting planning your trip.

Thanks ladies!! I come in very early on Thurs and will return around 11:45 am on Monday. Want to keep it reasonable, but more importantly safe.

SJ - yes Heathrow and Euston is the station that takes me to Manchester on Friday.

If SJ will have me, coming back from Bath. She told me there is a direct train to Heathrow. Oh my, I am getting so excited about this meet! It just feels like I know everyone already!

Hey, don't think I can give you any further advice on hotels from what Whippet's already said, but thought I'd mention that there's also a Mulberry store in Knightsbridge where I've always got great service :smile: and it's only a few minutes walk from Harrods (which also stocks Mulberry, as well as lots of other fab bags :graucho:) and Sloane Street, which has a lot of big names including Dior, Chanel, BV, Ferragamo and Fendi (don't know whether you're into anything besides Mulberry, but just in case!)

Last edited:
Hey I'm going to london in august!
Do you know any good places to go in the evening? I mean clubs.. ect.
I'm going to stay mo-fri sussex gardens just with my friend and we have planned almost everything :P when we have picnic, when to shop.. ( we thought that we could shop all monday :wlae:

So.. any good clubs for 20 year old girls?

Hey I'm going to london in august!
Do you know any good places to go in the evening? I mean clubs.. ect.
I'm going to stay mo-fri sussex gardens just with my friend and we have planned almost everything :P when we have picnic, when to shop.. ( we thought that we could shop all monday :wlae:

So.. any good clubs for 20 year old girls?

Depends what sort of music you are into! I know a few for alternative/glam rock, and a couple of indie ones, but that's about it!

Depends what sort of music you are into! I know a few for alternative/glam rock, and a couple of indie ones, but that's about it!

I guess indie isn't us so those firsts may be great.. What did you have in mind? :graucho:

And maybe those places too where you can hear the latest hits.. :confused1:

I guess indie isn't us so those firsts may be great.. What did you have in mind? :graucho:

And maybe those places too where you can hear the latest hits.. :confused1:

Haha I am too old for the latest hits, 80s/90s glam rock is my thing...there is a club called Decadence & Disorder on Saturday nights in central London...in the Decadence room they play mostly rock:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=17535533

and there is a monthly night at the Electric Ballroom in Camden called Inferno, the main floor is mostly goth/industrial, but they have a rock room upstairs...Spunky Lobster's set is usually the best...

http://www.electric-ballroom.co.uk/inferno/

Hmmm just re-read the thread and you're here Mon to Fri...I'm not sure what's on on week nights...there used to be a couple of decent nights on Thursdays but i don't think there still are *sigh*. There are a couple of rock pubs that might be a good place to start...they might know of stuff. There's the Intrepid Fox, which is just behind Centre Point, on Charing Cross Rd...and the Hobgoblin, which used to be the Devonshire Arms, in Camden...not been in there since it changed hands but it's supposed to be more mainstream rock (it used to be a goth stronghold...) I'll ask a couple of my DJ friends and let you know if they can suggest anything. But I'll leave in the info about the weekend clubs anyway, just in case you plan on visiting over a weekend sometime...sorry not to be more helpful!!

Haha I am too old for the latest hits, 80s/90s glam rock is my thing...there is a club called Decadence & Disorder on Saturday nights in central London...in the Decadence room they play mostly rock:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=17535533

and there is a monthly night at the Electric Ballroom in Camden called Inferno, the main floor is mostly goth/industrial, but they have a rock room upstairs...Spunky Lobster's set is usually the best...

http://www.electric-ballroom.co.uk/inferno/

Hmmm just re-read the thread and you're here Mon to Fri...I'm not sure what's on on week nights...there used to be a couple of decent nights on Thursdays but i don't think there still are *sigh*. There are a couple of rock pubs that might be a good place to start...they might know of stuff. There's the Intrepid Fox, which is just behind Centre Point, on Charing Cross Rd...and the Hobgoblin, which used to be the Devonshire Arms, in Camden...not been in there since it changed hands but it's supposed to be more mainstream rock (it used to be a goth stronghold...) I'll ask a couple of my DJ friends and let you know if they can suggest anything. But I'll leave in the info about the weekend clubs anyway, just in case you plan on visiting over a weekend sometime...sorry not to be more helpful!!

Cripes, didn't realise the Dev had changed hands....I'm not a goth but loads of my friends are so I've been there loads in the past. If you're from London we might know people in common!!! Bit of a shame if it's no longer a goth place, it was famous for it.